PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Nissan Pathfinder.

Rob
07-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Gday everyone i have only recently found out about hho cells a have got to say they are GREAT!!!

I have made my own cell & hooked it up to my 1989 Nissan Pathfinder just last week. At first it ran great but now i am starting to have a few problems. If anyone can help that would be great.

My car is fuel injected but also has a carbie. I have read that most cars before about 1992 don't have a computer & i have searched the exaust system & can't see any oxy sensor.

The car runs realy well for a while but then starts to buck & spit as if there is condensation getting into the motor, when i back off the exelarator sometimes it settels down. I have checked my hose coming from the bubbler into the air intake & i cant see any condensation in the line after the bubbler.

Has anyone had this problem or can anyone help?

Thanks Rob

Bigtoyota
07-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Fuel injected AND carbed? No. Can't be. More likely you have Throttle body fuel injection, which is still fuel injection. My 1986 Toyota has a ECU, so yours most likely does as well.

Rob
07-19-2008, 12:27 AM
With a throttle body fuel injection would there still be an oxy sensor somewhere in the line? If so would that be what would be making my car run rough?

Bigtoyota
07-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Yes, there should be an O2 sensor somewhere in that line. Something needs to give the ECU feedback on the mixture rich or lean condition.

Rob
07-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Ok. I have just been out & had a look under the bonnet of my car. Can't find any wires going to anything on my exaust system. Have done some other searches on the net & still can't find anything.

I am not realy that good with car mechanics so please excuse my ignorance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

timetowinarace
07-20-2008, 10:46 AM
What motor is in it?

My '91 nissan pickup has an o2 sensor that I just replaced. It was a single wire. I had to take the heat sheild off to get at it. It made little difference in how it ran.

If your producing much hho, you may need to retard the timining a bit. Or maybe just a tune-up. New plugs and plug wires, fuel injector cleaner in the fuel, ect.

Rob
07-23-2008, 03:18 AM
Had someone from work check it out & he told me that it wasn't fuel injected.

I had to take my cell off caus my car went in to get some work done on it. Will be putting it back on this weekend. I had the cell working a little to well the other day. Took it out for a test drive & was comeing down a steep hill useing the gears to slow me down. It was produceing heaps of gas & as the revs went up with the gear change the vacume was pulling in more gas & i started going faster down the hill.:D

Thanks for all the help people.

HEADPEACE
07-25-2008, 08:31 AM
the o2 sensor on your pathy is on the exhaust pipe almost directly under your driver side rear door (if its a 4 door), the wire will run from it over your transmission and into the hood area