PDA

View Full Version : Checkout This Electrolyzer

dennis13030
07-19-2008, 12:39 AM
110V and 16Amps
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSrYX8Va2Ew&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSrYX8Va2Ew&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

daveczrn
07-19-2008, 02:00 AM
that thing is massive.... very nice though

mneste8718
07-19-2008, 11:31 AM
To me this isn't very impressive, he is using over 1600watts of electricity to hardly keep a lawn mower going. That does not seem too efficient. With a unit that big, I would expect a small car running. I wonder why he is using such a small diameter hose, it just creates backpressure and therefore heat in the electrolyzer. Also, the reason for his lawn mower backfiring is that his bubbler is so small that there was water being kicked up into the hose and into the intake of the mower...

dennis13030
07-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Yea. A few things in this bugged me too.

1. The bubbler is too small.
2. The hoses are too small and too long.
3. He is using way to much power.

Bigtoyota
07-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Here's the thing. According to the gauges he had on his machine, he's got 13 LPM at 1600 watts, right? Consider the setup at 30 amps DC, and 1.5 LPM that stratous has running in his diesel. That's 415 watts per 1.5 LPM. Watts are watts no matter if it's DC or AC. For those that don't know VxA=W or, Volts multiplied by amps equals watts. You can change the formula around to suit whatever two parts of the equation you have.

So, the AC version is roughly 123 watts per Liter per minute.

The DC setup at 1.5 LPM is 300 watts per liter per minute.

According to the mathematical breakdown, his machine is much more efficient. I would believe that he's got a lot of leaks down that tubing. He WAS using electrical tape after all to seal the hoses together.

Also, I think the reason the lawnmower was misfiring was because the timing was set for gasoline, not HHO which burns hotter and faster, and also because of the water. I would suspect that if the tubing were sealed better you could run a larger size engine with that, think motorcycle or small car possibly.

Keep in mind he was probably running his lawnmower off of it just to show that it could be done. It was night time, he probably just got everything going well, and wanted to see if it could be done. Don't think that just because that small lawnmower is ALL he ran with it, that that's all that generator COULD power.

Stratous
07-20-2008, 02:51 AM
Here's the thing. According to the gauges he had on his machine, he's got 13 LPM at 1600 watts, right? Consider the setup at 30 amps DC, and 1.5 LPM that stratous has running in his diesel. That's 415 watts per 1.5 LPM. Watts are watts no matter if it's DC or AC. For those that don't know VxA=W or, Volts multiplied by amps equals watts. You can change the formula around to suit whatever two parts of the equation you have.

So, the AC version is roughly 123 watts per Liter per minute.

The DC setup at 1.5 LPM is 300 watts per liter per minute.

According to the mathematical breakdown, his machine is much more efficient. I would believe that he's got a lot of leaks down that tubing. He WAS using electrical tape after all to seal the hoses together.

Also, I think the reason the lawnmower was misfiring was because the timing was set for gasoline, not HHO which burns hotter and faster, and also because of the water. I would suspect that if the tubing were sealed better you could run a larger size engine with that, think motorcycle or small car possibly.

Keep in mind he was probably running his lawnmower off of it just to show that it could be done. It was night time, he probably just got everything going well, and wanted to see if it could be done. Don't think that just because that small lawnmower is ALL he ran with it, that that's all that generator COULD power.

I am sure his unit is more efficient as he has alot more plate surface area. I am running switch plates in an 8x8x6 box. His unit is HUGE. I think for the size of the unit he isnt that efficient. If you look at my youtoube vid for my double cell, you will see that it produces 1.3LPM @ roughly 13 amps. That is twice the efficiency of the cell in my truck. Not sure why it works so well, but I have been able to duplicate it. I do have the edges of the plates sealed with silicon.

Bigtoyota
07-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry, I was just using your truck design as a quick comparison. It was the first one that came to mind :)

Using your 1.3 LPM design at 13 amps.....it's still only 120 watts per liter per minute. His design was 123 watts per liter per minute. The only point I'm trying to make here is that perhaps some numbers should be run to figure out whether or not a cell is really efficient or not. The smacks type generator I made isn't anywhere close to efficient yet, but I deviated from his design too.

countryboy18
07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
so how do u get more than 13 volts.

Stratous
07-20-2008, 08:03 PM
so how do u get more than 13 volts.

How do you get more than 13 volts? Most cars put out 13.8 volts. My battery charger puts out about 13 volts. You can run two battery chargers in series if you want more than 13 volts. You could do the same with a couple car batteries.

countryboy18
07-20-2008, 08:40 PM
how about the big cells that people build how do thay get like 110v.

stickittoopec
07-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi
I'm new to the site but I have been messing with this for about 3 years. The reason the big unit is more efficient is, it is a true series cell. A true series cell puts more of the current to separating water than to heat. Once you have enough voltage (usually 1.23 to 2 volts) to push the current through the cell the rest is converted to heat. If you have a single cell like most sold on the net, you are putting roughly 354 watts of power to make heat and 60 watts to make HHO. To reverse this you make a series cell of 6 cells. Now you are putting 360 watts to making hydrogen and 54 watts to make heat. The unit will still get warm but not as fast or as hot. Here is a design I did a while back but have not had a chance to test.
It is a double series cell for larger vehicles, but it will give you an idea of what a series cell can look like. There is a picture on the second page, of a look inside the cell. I will remind you this cell has not been tested yet.
http://www.stickittoopec.com/Series%20Cell.pdf

Stratous
07-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi
I'm new to the site but I have been messing with this for about 3 years. The reason the big unit is more efficient is, it is a true series cell. A true series cell puts more of the current to separating water than to heat. Once you have enough voltage (usually 1.23 to 2 volts) to push the current through the cell the rest is converted to heat. If you have a single cell like most sold on the net, you are putting roughly 354 watts of power to make heat and 60 watts to make HHO. To reverse this you make a series cell of 6 cells. Now you are putting 360 watts to making hydrogen and 54 watts to make heat. The unit will still get warm but not as fast or as hot. Here is a design I did a while back but have not had a chance to test.
It is a double series cell for larger vehicles, but it will give you an idea of what a series cell can look like. There is a picture on the second page, of a look inside the cell. I will remind you this cell has not been tested yet.
http://www.stickittoopec.com/Series%20Cell.pdf

Nice looking cell

stickittoopec
07-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Stratus. I wanted to design something relatively easy to build but be efficient in producing gas.
The design is a scaled down version of the Browns Gas generator. It can be used with straight DC to make regular H2O2 or with a pulse width modulator to facilitate the production of Browns Gas. I am in the early stages in this design and need to do a lot of testing.