PDA

View Full Version : which one would be better

wlf89
07-19-2008, 08:03 AM
i have seen two designs on here that i really like and was wondering which one would work best? i got the drawing off here hope they dont mind.

http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=299&d=1216245107

http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=242&d=1216072999

dennis13030
07-19-2008, 10:44 AM
I like the second choice better. Mostly be because it has a larger volume over the plates for more water storage.

Smith03Jetta
07-19-2008, 11:10 AM
I like the first one because it does not have positive and negative plates facing each other with no negatives in between.

wlf89
07-19-2008, 02:55 PM
I like the second choice better. Mostly be because it has a larger volume over the plates for more water storage.

i like the second one to and will probly go with it but i have a few questions i am new to the plates
1.what would i use for the -and+ straps on the outside of the pipe
2.the red and black bolts that go thru all of the plates would that not have power on them and make the neutral plates have power to them?
3.i have not bought the stuff yet and do not know how thick the washers will be about how far apart is the best for the plates
4.will the screw on lid be tight enough to not leak or will i have to make a gasket of some kind
5.has anyone made one like this before if so how much gas did it make

thanks alot any help is greatly appreciated

dennis13030
07-19-2008, 09:48 PM
1.what would i use for the -and+ straps on the outside of the pipe
2.the red and black bolts that go thru all of the plates would that not have power on them and make the neutral plates have power to them?
3.i have not bought the stuff yet and do not know how thick the washers will be about how far apart is the best for the plates
4.will the screw on lid be tight enough to not leak or will i have to make a gasket of some kind
5.has anyone made one like this before if so how much gas did it make

Q1.what would i use for the -and+ straps on the outside of the pipe
A1. use 10-16 AWG copper wire with the crimped spade/fork connectors.

Q2. the red and black bolts that go thru all of the plates would that not have power on them and make the neutral plates have power to them?
A2. The building is up to you. You must provide insulation where it is needed and electrical connection where they are needed. The electrical connections to the inner plate usually pass the the outter plate and neutral plates that have there holes slightly over sized(as not to make connectoin with them).

Q3. i have not bought the stuff yet and do not know how thick the washers will be about how far apart is the best for the plates
Q3. 1/8" is a good spacing.

Q4. will the screw on lid be tight enough to not leak or will i have to make a gasket of some kind
A4. You will need to pre4ssure test the container with the lid on. Just empty the container, put the lid on with the output fitting/tube, hold the unit under water and blow into the out put tube. if there are bubbles, you have a leak that needs to be fixed.
Q5. has anyone made one like this before if so how much gas did it make
A5. Search this form, maybe?

wlf89
07-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Q1.what would i use for the -and+ straps on the outside of the pipe
A1. use 10-16 AWG copper wire with the crimped spade/fork connectors.

Q2. the red and black bolts that go thru all of the plates would that not have power on them and make the neutral plates have power to them?
A2. The building is up to you. You must provide insulation where it is needed and electrical connection where they are needed. The electrical connections to the inner plate usually pass the the outter plate and neutral plates that have there holes slightly over sized(as not to make connectoin with them).

Q3. i have not bought the stuff yet and do not know how thick the washers will be about how far apart is the best for the plates
Q3. 1/8" is a good spacing.

Q4. will the screw on lid be tight enough to not leak or will i have to make a gasket of some kind
A4. You will need to pre4ssure test the container with the lid on. Just empty the container, put the lid on with the output fitting/tube, hold the unit under water and blow into the out put tube. if there are bubbles, you have a leak that needs to be fixed.
Q5. has anyone made one like this before if so how much gas did it make
A5. Search this form, maybe?

i really appreicate it dennis im gonna try to go to lowes sometime this week and i will give it a try and see what happens

Farmercal
07-20-2008, 08:34 AM
I have a question that is bothering me about those drawings of devices. On each of them there is an output hose fitting but no input device. This may be a stupid question but here goes: How does the gas flow out without any air coming in? Will it still work without any air coming into the device? Also, is it better to use high or low vacuum line on the intake manifold? Not trying to hijack your thread wlf89 those designs just have me wondering.

wlf89
07-20-2008, 08:57 AM
im not sure im new to this to maybe a check valve would help

dennis13030
07-20-2008, 12:52 PM
I have a question that is bothering me about those drawings of devices. On each of them there is an output hose fitting but no input device. This may be a stupid question but here goes: How does the gas flow out without any air coming in? Will it still work without any air coming into the device? Also, is it better to use high or low vacuum line on the intake manifold? Not trying to hijack your thread wlf89 those designs just have me wondering.

This is a good question. The answer is: an electrolyzer produces HHO gas. 1 liter of water produces 1860 liters of HHO gas. As gas is produced, the gas pushes it way out of the tube. As long as production continues, the HHO gas will come out of the output tube.

countryboy18
07-20-2008, 06:48 PM
i created to first cell you posted. thanks for anything that people said about my cell. it is in a 4" pvc pipe i can make it up to 2 ft long so i can have more water in the cell to help cool it down. thanks everybody

justaguy
07-20-2008, 08:19 PM
I think having the valve on top of the generator to let air in is for when you connect you line to the intake vacuum. The vacuum is strong enough that some have had their bubbler or even generator to get sucked together.

The problem some have had then with the valve is the vacuum sucks the water out of their bubbler or generator. Most have agreed that it is best to not hookup to the vacuum for these reasons.