PDA

View Full Version : I really thought that

vortexd
05-30-2008, 10:06 PM
when I read the posts here, I would find more talk about mpg's but dont see any.

Does anyone have any validation they can share ?

Stratous
05-30-2008, 11:07 PM
I increased my mileage by 4MPG on a 5.9 liter cummins turbo diesel.

Ronjinsan
05-31-2008, 01:04 PM
I increased mine from10km to a litre to 16kms on a 1600cc 4 cyl carburated car

gasmakr
05-31-2008, 01:06 PM
i'm still new to the game myself but so far i have gotten an additional 14mpg
on my 2.2L subaru impreza. that's with very little tweaking on my system.:)

vortexd
05-31-2008, 05:17 PM
i'm still new to the game myself but so far i have gotten an additional 14mpg
on my 2.2L subaru impreza. that's with very little tweaking on my system.:)

When you say tweaking, do you mean altering the fuel injection/mixture ?

Is this a neccessity to get a gain in mpg ?

Ronjinsan
06-02-2008, 03:00 AM
I dont think so, or should I say I havent found it necessary yet but I suppose it depends a lot on the vehicle or rather the engine in question! Depending on the output of HHO from your cell, if its very little then you will probably find everything runs fine. If its around the 2ltr per minute mark or more, then you may have to make a few small adjustments to mixture or timing but I still wouldnt think so as the HHO is only increasing the efficiency of the mixture burn and shouldnt affect your tuning much. Hey I could be way out of line but then I havent seen HHO on a diverse set of engines ie Diesel, turbo, injected, carburated etc etc:o

gasmakr
06-03-2008, 12:42 PM
When you say tweaking, do you mean altering the fuel injection/mixture ?

Is this a neccessity to get a gain in mpg ?

With out question! especially on newer cars with EFI the added oxygen in the air stream makes the computer think the air\fuel mix is too lean and it dumps more gas int the system killing your gas mileage....the o2 extender helps with this by moving the sensor out of the direct stream of exhaust. But it only helps so much. if you want any kind of major gains you need "electricial intervention" ie o2 signal enhancer, map sensor enhancer or some other method of tricking the computer into cutting the fuel amount.:)

Ronjinsan
06-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey Gasmkr

Have a look at the link I posted for new people who dont quite understand the conventional fuel system on a car. Its down in errrrrr New Forum topics I think! Its one of the simplest I ever read and easy for a non-mechanical person to grasp. As we get stuff like that we can post the links, maybe it will help people to understand before they ask questions!:D