PDA

View Full Version : 2000 chevy silverado without catalytic converters

jim5576971
07-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey guys! I am in the planning stages of an hho booster install. I just have a few questions for some of you experts. I don't have catalytic converters on this vehicle. Is that gonna mess me up on my EFIE electronics? What electronics will I need? I am under the impression that this vehicle has 4 O2 sensors stock. I believe that they are still present. I also was wondering if removing the cat converters hurt my gas mileage in the first place. It darn sure helped the acceleration. I was curious to see if you guys could send me in the right direction on what electronics I should use for the booster as I am electronically inclined and will be doing all of this myself. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given!! See ya!!

Jim Cloud
2000 Chevrolet 4.8l V8

bigapple
07-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey guys! I am in the planning stages of an hho booster install. I just have a few questions for some of you experts. I don't have catalytic converters on this vehicle. Is that gonna mess me up on my EFIE electronics? What electronics will I need? I am under the impression that this vehicle has 4 O2 sensors stock. I believe that they are still present. I also was wondering if removing the cat converters hurt my gas mileage in the first place. It darn sure helped the acceleration. I was curious to see if you guys could send me in the right direction on what electronics I should use for the booster as I am electronically inclined and will be doing all of this myself. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given!! See ya!!

Jim Cloud
2000 Chevrolet 4.8l V8

removing the cats more than likely helped ur gas mileage when removed since they create backpressure when hooked up... anything to make the engine breathe more freely will lessen fuel consumption and improve efficiency and performance