PDA

View Full Version : Safety valve?

bat
07-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has thought of usuing some sort of pressure relief in case of...

I understand the system is pretty much freeflow and vacuum, but what if a hose should get kinked or plugged?

This is my first try at this. Just ffinished my case today and waiting for things to setup.

Thanks

dennis13030
07-19-2008, 09:05 PM
You are right! A pressure relief valve or plug would be safer.

What I see on some systems are "blow off" caps.

Rob
07-19-2008, 09:24 PM
With the first unit i built i put an ajustable irrigation dripper at the top of the hho cell with a hose going down to the bottom of the cell. I found if any presure built up in the cell water would be forced out of the dripper. I think that i might put one on my new cell. I am finding that when the cell cools down it is drawing water back out of the bubbler. I didn't have this problem when i used the dripper.

I work on a farm & we use aircompressors fairly often. There is a fitting you can get that goes on the air tank & when the pressure builds up to much it releases air. Perhaps one of these may do the job to. I might try it myself.

dennis13030
07-19-2008, 09:35 PM
With the first unit i built i put an ajustable irrigation dripper at the top of the hho cell with a hose going down to the bottom of the cell. I found if any presure built up in the cell water would be forced out of the dripper. I think that i might put one on my new cell. I am finding that when the cell cools down it is drawing water back out of the bubbler. I didn't have this problem when i used the dripper.

I work on a farm & we use aircompressors fairly often. There is a fitting you can get that goes on the air tank & when the pressure builds up to much it releases air. Perhaps one of these may do the job to. I might try it myself.

I like the dripper idea a lot! Thanks.

oicu812
07-19-2008, 10:36 PM
on my hho torch, I use a preasure switch. its adjustable. I have it set for 40 pounds.the line side leads go to my power supply and the load side leads go to the generator. once it reaches 40 lbs, takes about 4 minutes it shuts off . when the pressure gets down to 20 pounds it kicks back in.

bat
07-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the input. I'm all for hho, but I also understand it could be a bomb under poor conditions. The dripper idea seems to be the simplist solution. I am also considering using tubing and two barb fittings as a sight glass for the water level, but not clamping them so they could blow first.

scottyhho
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I made a blow out disk using a small "cap" pressed over a sandwich bag. It's good for about 40 psi. We checked it out (by accident). Worked like a champ