PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Bronco II 2.9L

Jager
07-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I have installed a 900L generator
500L bubbler
single O2 bung
I found a continuous duty starter relay at a over road truck store.
2 home made flash suppressors

Check engine light came on (code 41) lean condition
I guess the HHO is working----

I plan to either wrap the 02 sensor in aluminum and stainless wire or add a second bung to the one I have now.
have not run numbers of MPG yet.
Engine runs smoother and quieter.
I drive it the same as before, like I stole it..... with a smattering of serious off roading.

The jury is still out but so far I like what I see.

jager

Jager
08-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I upped the anti with a well known 16 plate electrical outlet design, pumping out aprox. 1 LPM @ 15amps.

Filled truck up yesterday 13mpg... down from 18 and change.

I added aluminum to O2 sensor... didn't seem to help. Will be adding second extender and removing aluminum foil. Looking for ECU piggy back to lean out fuel/air mixture (any suggestions).

I want to make sure I can get this simple system working before spending money on dry cell.

I have PWM coming....

With so many people not getting what all these companies promised, I can't see where this movement has much of a future.

Jager
08-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I took the booster apart adding Plexiglas glass side plates to cut down on voltage leak. It seems to have done the trick, gass production increases by +-1/4 LPM. Currently 1.25 LPM.

Check engine lite has not come on sense installing double 02 sensor extenders.

Developed high load engine ping, pulled plugs, they were all ashy white. I installed new plugs at a lower heat range, new distributor cap and rotor, cleaned and inspected plug wires, retarding ignition timing by 2 degrees. This seems to have eliminated high load ping condition.

latest filled up has shown an increase in MPG. I think mainly due to the truck not idling for untold minutes while showing off my experiment. But I did upped the tire size to 31x10.5...that will not help with gas mileage.

Jager

8/8/09

Just topped truck off with petrol, new mileage 17.92mpg That's only around town, no highway at all.
Looking forward to installing PWM
I'll be installing an on/off switch to throttle linkage.
Vacuum switch is to slow in react in time for immediate boost . I want the booster to come on before vacuum comes up, my solution is to add an inline switch (that would make three) to the relay, this would turn on the booster the moment the throttle is pulled.

Jager

d3vilman
08-14-2009, 11:25 AM
"This seems to have eliminated high load ping condition."

be watchful of this, it sounds like engine detonation this is not good. it can be from your engine over compensating by advancing its self to far. if you hear it at all undo whatever you did to avoid an engine rebuild.