PDA

View Full Version : oxy sensor

Rob
07-19-2008, 09:03 PM
I am still trying to find the oxy sensor/s on my car. Here are a few photos of my exaust manifold. Can anyone help.

Bigtoyota
07-19-2008, 09:25 PM
It should be down the exhaust system further, in the head pipe and not the manifold.

Rob
07-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Just been down under the car & there is nothing else in the line past the mannifold.:confused:

Rob
07-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Ok. I think i found the problem of the car running rough. I had the hose with the hho to far away from the air intake so when i planted my foot it was as if it was the first time the engine was geting the hho. I pushed the hose up further so it is up to the air filter & took the car for a good test drive. When the car was warming up & the cell was turned on it started to run rough then setteld down after a few minutes. Went for a drive & the car ran smooth as, & had a bit more power, i don't know how it went for fuel consumption, i will know more at the end of the week. The only problem i had was the cell heated up to much & started spitting water down the line. I have just changed the mixture inside it & will see how it goes.

& still cant find the oxy sensor

oicu812
07-20-2008, 01:03 AM
you must bench test your cell before install. its got to be able to run for hours with out getting over 160 degrees. in my opinion a bubbler is a must. without it too much water vapor gets sucked in.

Rob
07-20-2008, 01:14 AM
I agree totaly with the bubbler. I have loosely packed a couple of cotton balls in the line just at the out side of the bubbler. They catch a fair bit of moisture then it just dribbles back into the bubbler.
With less bicarb in the mix no water is spitting out of the cell now.

Bigtoyota
07-20-2008, 01:44 AM
If there's no O2 sensor, are you sure that it's got throttle body fuel injection? It may just have a carb with a lot of electrical sensors to make it LOOK like throttle body fuel injection. I'm not an expert on Nissan's though, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

Rob
07-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Prety sure it's fuel injected. There is plug in the engine bay that has stuff for, ignition, eng .con & injector qgs .cont. The only one with the plug in it is the injector.

If there is a computer of somesorts reading the oxygen levels, would there be a fuse for it in the fusebox?

If so there is no fuse for it.