PDA

View Full Version : would hho cause rust to the cylinder walls or water in the oil?

pj91gsx
07-19-2008, 10:46 PM
The title state the question. Would hho cause rust or water in the oil? I know gas gets in the oil without hho injection. Not a lot of gas but some gets in there. Also would it be a bad idea to use hho on a rebuilt engine during the break in period. I dont have any miles on the motor yet.

cougar gt-e
07-19-2008, 11:26 PM
No, The amount of water formed is very small compared to the amount of water formed normally. Coming from the cold north, there is a LOT of water coming out the tail pipe nomally!

Heck, it may be LESS of a problem if the combustion is more complete and hotter.

pj91gsx
07-20-2008, 01:45 AM
ok. that makes since thanks.

dennis13030
07-20-2008, 01:58 AM
The title state the question. Would hho cause rust or water in the oil? I know gas gets in the oil without hho injection. Not a lot of gas but some gets in there. Also would it be a bad idea to use hho on a rebuilt engine during the break in period. I dont have any miles on the motor yet.

This is a good question. More in general, "Does HHO usage in a vehicle cause any damage in the long term?"

I do not know and I do not know where to get a good answer to this question.

pj91gsx
07-20-2008, 09:59 PM
This is a good question. More in general, "Does HHO usage in a vehicle cause any damage in the long term?"

I do not know and I do not know where to get a good answer to this question.
thats very interesting. I thought someone would have a good answer to the question but what I think about most is electrolysis with an aluminum block and electrolysis with an iron block. Iron blocks are good, they will hold there stock hone for lots of miles, Ive seen one hold a hone for 167 k. Iron can rust of course, Now aluminum cant rust but wears easy so the hone wont stay long in it anyway.

Stratous
07-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Most aluminum blocks are sleeved, are they not?

cougar gt-e
07-20-2008, 10:45 PM
thats very interesting. I thought someone would have a good answer to the question but what I think about most is electrolysis with an aluminum block and electrolysis with an iron block. Iron blocks are good, they will hold there stock hone for lots of miles, Ive seen one hold a hone for 167 k. Iron can rust of course, Now aluminum cant rust but wears easy so the hone wont stay long in it anyway.

Only parent bore aluminum nonsleaved block that I've been aware of in the past 40 years was the original Vega by Chevrolet. Them sumbiotches could be used to fog for mosquitoes by 15,000 miles. That was the dumbest idea of the 70's! (Worse than disco and just nosed ahead of those clown platform high heal shoes !)

pj91gsx
07-20-2008, 11:42 PM
yea. I guess you are right. I dont deal with aluminum blocks. I like iron blocks and aluminum heads.

pipe539
07-20-2008, 11:58 PM
If there is a lot of moisture in the air it condenses in the tail pipe after it is heated in the combustion chamber and drips out the end. You can see the water vapor in the winter more.
I would think there shouldn't be a problem with hydrogen use if the car gets to operating temp before it is shut off.
You can get water/sludge in you car just by driving short distances and not getting to operating temp.
If you ever look at the underside of the oil fill cap and see tan brown creamy stuff there, that is a sine of moisture.

stickittoopec
07-21-2008, 12:16 AM
If your HHO is well filtered (correct size bubbler) and does not contain any of the electrolyte you won't have any problems. The combustion temperatures will keep any moisture in a steam state. Very little will make it past the rings and into your oil. Roy McAlister of the American Hydrogen Association has been running several vehicles on pure hydrogen for years with no ill effects. He had a video where he used hydrogen mixed with other fuels to run a car. He was using a lot more hydrogen than we are and has no problems. http://www.knowledgepublications.com/H2DVD001_detail_page.htm