PDA

View Full Version : Beginner, general information, educational thread

hydro
05-31-2008, 12:12 AM
I’m new to the forum and HHO Fuel cells and I think it would be great if experienced forum members could start an all in one information source to help educate and promote this technology.

Possible things that could be covered:

HHO Cells
-Cell operation.
-Cell types and design.
-General precautions.
-PWM's.
-HHO chemical properties.

HHO and Cars
-Internal combustion engines and HHO interactions.
-The effects of engine size, displacement and system configuration.
-HHO engine system setup and operation.
-HHO engine system precautions and safety features.

What do you guys think? Please feel free to add suggestions and information.

Ronjinsan
05-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Wow yeah....thats a lot of info. A forum is a discussion area for a particular subject to a group of people. I would think this sort of knowledge base is well covered by Google but I agree it would be nice for learners to benefit from group experience. How would you suggest we implement this sort of thing Hydro? All the best!

hydro
05-31-2008, 03:01 PM
I think members that have specific knowledge can start adding sections at a time.

Ronjinsan
06-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Well there you go, I started a new one today! Its very informative too, so reading the article will give new people a starting place to understanding fuel! All the best

wingnut
06-09-2008, 06:36 PM
So, how about using aluminum for the generator? 1/4" angel?

Stratous
06-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Aluminum is no good to use especially if your going to use NaOH or Caaustic Soda or Lye.

wingnut
06-10-2008, 03:51 PM
WHY is that?

Ronjinsan
06-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Cos it melts away very quickly, contaminates the water as well....not a good idea!

Stratous
06-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Aluminum and Lye, Caustic soda or sodium hydroxide will chemically react with each other. The aluminum will be eaten and the electrolyte will be nuetralized