PDA

View Full Version : Run Your Car On Water

Boltazar
07-20-2008, 02:19 PM
There is a information CD available out there called "Run Your Car On Water". It describes a HHO generator and electric circuitry to implement it's design. I have it and it's very entailed. It produces two kinds of Hydrogen, has a throttle sensor and cylinder head temp sensor, among other things. Has anyone read this info and if so what do you think of it?

Pete

Boltazar
07-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Here is the link

http://www.runyourcaronwater.com/

This has to be the most intricate generator I've seen yet. From pipe electrodes, throttle sensors, pressure Gage, magnetic coil with pwm as a secondary generator. Plate spacing is only .045, water pump and reservoir for extra electrolyte.0

I'm not promoting it, just intrested in it. It would take me 2 months to build it.

Smith03Jetta
07-22-2008, 01:04 PM
That system is a combination of different things people on this forum are already working on. I do have one observation, however...

There is only one "Kind" of hydrogen. I seriously doubt the system can make "Two" types of Hydrogen. If the system has the ability to somehow create isotopes of Hydrogen then I'd like to see it. There are 3 known isotopes of Hydrogen but you have to get to the sub-atomic level. There is one without a neutron (Protium), one with a neutron (Deuterium) and one that is radioactive (Tritium) with a 12.32 year half life.

daveczrn
07-22-2008, 02:39 PM
hmmm.. radio active hydrogen... nuclear generator anyone? we could power all our cars without the need for fuel ever...j/k

stickittoopec
07-22-2008, 02:47 PM
These guys are on this site also http://waterfuelreview.com/?id=C224008 They use to have a video of the guy in Florida who was building The Browns Gas welders but I see they changed their site. He most likely came after them and made them remove the video.
They use to show a drawing of the inside of their units, I see that is gone also. One thing for sure, NONE of these units make “Browns Gas” but they will make a lot of steam. The third one down actually uses glass in his design. That is a no no.
You guys need to learn what Browns Gas is before you buy into this. You will quickly see this for what it is. A flashy site and that’s it. Eagle Research has a couple of books on how the gas is made. They show you how to build one of the welders. The guys on the run you car on water site don’t’ come close. You can do a search for Yule Brown the inventor of Browns Gas and find enough info to make a good decision.

Smith you are right on the types of hydrogen. Here are the details on that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_isomers_of_hydrogen
One of the theories I’ve heard is pumping the water with dc (pulse width modulator) through a series electrolyzer will facilitate the production of a higher ratio of parahydrogen. This is what Browns Gas is believed to have.

zargus
07-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi guys, this is my first time posting here, though I've been quietly lurking on this site for some time. Though I'm a quality engineer by education and training, I also do a little marketing online (it's fun).

I wince every time I read or see the phrase "Run Your Car On Water" because it's such a glaring misnomer. The reference causes people to regard HHO technology (as applied to vehicles) as some sort of scam.

My two cents.

Smith03Jetta
07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
The atomic structure is the same for both hydrogen atoms in the molecule H2 but in some molecules the protons in the atom spins in different directions. The molecule with two atoms spinning in different directions are Orthohydrogen. Orthohydrogen does not like to stay Orthohydrogen at low temperatures and releases energy in the form of exothermic heat as it changes to Parahydrogen.

Now what does this mean in terms of fuel mileage? I don't have a freaking clue...

Boltazar
07-22-2008, 04:46 PM
One of the theories I’ve heard is pumping the water with dc (pulse width modulator) through a series electrolyzer will facilitate the production of a higher ratio of parahydrogen. This is what Browns Gas is believed to have.

Quote from CD Info
The Generator housing contains a basic coil and two cylindrical electrodes; used to generate both hydrogen and oxygen. Each can be made from a variety of materials such as stainless steel and/or ceramic, also very durable materials. However, two atomically different forms of hydrogen are produced within the Generator. Most of the generated hydrogen is orthohydrogen, a very powerful and fast burning gas created by the two electrodes. A precisely controlled, high frequency electronic signal from the HyTronics Module activates and controls the electrodes. The other form of hydrogen, parahydrogen, is created by the coil, but in much less quantity
than orthohydrogen. A precisely controlled, very low frequency electronic signal from a separate circuit within the HyTronics Module activates and controls the coil. Parahydrogen is a less powerful and slower burning gas, but is necessary to prevent pre‐combustion (commonly called “knocking”) within your engine. Parahydrogen slows the burning rate of the hydrogen
mix, thus boosting its octane level. Such precise control allows you to exactly match your engine’s octane requirements. To raise octane levels in gasoline, specific additives must be used. End Quote

I have no idea how true this is

Farmercal
07-22-2008, 05:04 PM
These guys are on this site also http://waterfuelreview.com/?id=C224008 They use to have a video of the guy in Florida who was building The Browns Gas welders but I see they changed their site. He most likely came after them and made them remove the video.
They use to show a drawing of the inside of their units, I see that is gone also. One thing for sure, NONE of these units make “Browns Gas” but they will make a lot of steam. The third one down actually uses glass in his design. That is a no no.
You guys need to learn what Browns Gas is before you buy into this. You will quickly see this for what it is. A flashy site and that’s it. Eagle Research has a couple of books on how the gas is made. They show you how to build one of the welders. The guys on the run you car on water site don’t’ come close. You can do a search for Yule Brown the inventor of Browns Gas and find enough info to make a good decision.

Smith you are right on the types of hydrogen. Here are the details on that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_isomers_of_hydrogen

What does the container have to do with the production of hydrogen? Glass, plastic, plexiglas, they are all nonconductors. Does the glass somehow prevent the production of the gas? Please enlighten me, I'm listening.

Boltazar
07-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I think it's just that glass will break to easy

stickittoopec
07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Smith
You are right, after getting home and looking at my notes I was quoting from something I had marked through. I will have to refrain from posting to technical subjects without my notes. I posted to this during a very late lunch at work. I should know better.

Boltazar
As stated before, they changed their site. They used to show a drawing of their device. It was a basic smack cell (single cell no matter how many plates or wires) with electronics. From the books I have from the people who make and sell the Brown's gas welders, to make Brown's gas it needs to be a series cell with less than 2.2 volts per cell. Their cell has a full 13+ volts going through it, a little more than the max 2.2. If you build one of these and the cell gets too hot to hold on to in less than a hour, then that is a sure sign its not Brown's Gas. Here are some references to the Gas.
http://www.eagle-research.com/browngas/whatisbg/watergas.html
If you doubt it exists, here is a demo/ad. The Chinese have really taken off with this also. They are building the welders now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilz7zWISfd8

Here is the video they used to have on their site. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKM4pb9Oxrg

Farmercal
Glass does not hinder the production of the gas. But if something goes wrong, I wouldn't want to be standing near it, or worse yet, have a kid or loved one nearby. There is some video on Youtube of these things exploding. If you have one made of glass, then it is your responsibility for your safety. That guy is selling this to the public and claiming it is safe. It doesn't take much for this stuff to explode. Now take Mr Joe Q Public with a cigarette between his fingers showing his wife and kids his new money saving device. If there is the slightest leak, someone is most likely going to get hurt. If it's made out of PVC or plastic it will split and crack and he will only be out a few bucks.