PDA

View Full Version : Crazy amps

Jager
08-17-2009, 03:28 PM
I read more and more of people cranking out outrageous 3, 5, 10 LPM, to produce this amount of gas you are using crazy amounts of amps. right? or am I missing something.....

I think people need to step back and realize more amps mean more heat and the dreaded run away generator condition. The loads being put on the engine to produce that kind of output are negating much of economical gains. By using more fuel to create more heat that draws more amps that create more heat.......yikes

If someone has found away of generating 5 LPM on 5 or even 10 amps then I'm sure there are thousand of people that would like to hear you what your doing............

My system currently is limited to between 7 and 10amps, producing 1.5 LPM. That equates to +- 4% by volume of the A/F mixture.

I've increased the MPG in my 2.9L Bronco, (around town) from 14.9 to 17.8.
I've also experienced the usual gains in horse power, quieter and smoother running engine.

I've adopted the philosophy of "less is more".

Am I wrong?

Jager

hhonewbie
08-17-2009, 06:45 PM
I've adopted the philosophy of "less is better".

Am I wrong?

Jager

I agree and no your not wrong.

How big is your cell, wet or dry?

I think small, compact, multiple cells if nessasary at 5-10 amps.

This is what I would construct if I knew what cell plates they use www.poweremissionscontrol.com

Jager
08-17-2009, 09:27 PM
That is a sweet little unit.......I wonder how much?

I have a 16 plate wet/dry cell.. what I mean by that is, I've taken Plexiglas and cut it to the size of the sides of my stack to cut down on the voltage drain at the edges. I believe I've increased production by about 5%.
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae305/Parrsboro/Platestackwplexiglasssides.jpg
Please excuse the sloppy gluing job, that marine grade epoxy is messy stuff.... you should see my shirt.
One other thing I'm experimenting with is a throttle actuator switch. Very simple 12v on-off-on switch that's attached to the throttle linkage, it only turns the booster on when my foot is in the throttle.... not sure if it will improve performance or not but it seems to work fine. I have an indicator light inside the cab letting me know the booster is running.http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae305/Parrsboro/throttleactuatorswitch003.jpghttp://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae305/Parrsboro/HHOinBronco002.jpg
Note the single feed line feeding two inlets. Why have two separate tubes when the engine can decide on it's own the best location for the HHO via the strongest vacuum. This also seems work fine.

Jager

biggy boy
08-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I like the on off to the throttle linkage idea:cool:
A micro switch would be good I think.
If there is a lot of on and offing going on, the main relay should really be a solid state one. Relays with button style contacts aren't really meant to be repeatedly turned on and off all the time. It pits the contacts and some times after a while they arc and weld shut.

Glen

Jager
08-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I paid $18 for the relay that promises a 500K on off cycles... we'll see.

The switch on the throttle is indeed a 12V micro switch from radio shack

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae305/Parrsboro/throttleactuatorswitch001.jpg

I glued the switch in place with a little 3M 90 spray glue and a small square of packing material as a spacer to bring it down to the throttle linkage. Alignment has been a problem, it stick on every once in a while... no worries, all I do is tap the throttle and it disengages.

PeteVamped
08-23-2009, 04:41 AM
You are not to far off fro where your increase should be. You are currently getting an 83% increase which is not bad at all. You should be able to get another 10-20% increase at best.

Helz_McFugly
08-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Ive been using a ford starter relay and they get super hot and go out after a couple days. I know they get hot because they arent meant to stay on that long. what is the solid state relay everyone is using? what is its amp rating?

I saw some guy selling a 70 amp 12 volt solid state on ebay for $20 but it was just a 4 prong box relay that im sure i could get at any auto parts store. I just know what it goes to. the gues behind the counter cant find it if they dont knw what it goes in.

PeteVamped
08-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Ive been using a ford starter relay and they get super hot and go out after a couple days. I know they get hot because they arent meant to stay on that long. what is the solid state relay everyone is using? what is its amp rating?

I saw some guy selling a 70 amp 12 volt solid state on ebay for $20 but it was just a 4 prong box relay that im sure i could get at any auto parts store. I just know what it goes to. the gues behind the counter cant find it if they dont knw what it goes in.its probably the same guy that blew up his cell in his living room too. Go watch the video on you tube. Forcing to many amps into your sell generates far too much hydrogen and oxygen at once which is what makes them almost instantly reach the breaking point. The guys on that you tube video had there cell blow up in less then a minute you are better off playing safe then ruining your cars engine or hurting your self then trying to increase the amps which is really not what is need to make a good quality cell.

redrat100
08-25-2009, 11:54 PM
...You are currently getting an 83% increase which is not bad at all...

Yes, 83% mpg increase would be quite good. With gains like that you could solve our dependence on foreign oil. BUT- "increased MPG from 14.9 to 17.8" is really a 19.5% mpg increase.

Still, 19.5% is a lot better than the 2% increase I got with a 1 lpm cell. Keep up the good work!

redrat100
08-26-2009, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=PeteVamped;31492]HHO Gas Conversion kit to run your car on water. Save 40% fuel, fast and easy setup, HHO kits under $100. Quick and easy installation with full instructions and support. QUOTE]

I just went to your link. Please, don't waste your money on a Gas4Free manual like I did. Search this forum for my posts for a 'been-there-done-that' lesson. If it does not explode on you it will overheat very quickly.

biggy boy
08-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Once I see a link at the bottom of someones posts (signature)
promoting a commercial product, probably for money!!
I total ignore that persons input and opinion.
The information or opinions could be jaded by their greed for money. :(