PDA

View Full Version : 8 plate design question

overtaker
07-20-2008, 02:53 PM
If you were using an 8 plate design all spaced exactly 1/8 in. apart with the + on one end and the - on the other end, do you have to connect the middle plates together or will the current flow from plate to plate making bubbles between all the plates with no mechanical connection? Thanks and I hope this isn't a silly question.

countryboy18
07-20-2008, 05:58 PM
it is not necessary to connect the neutral plates together some people do and i dont. i dont know what the advantage is but i am sure some one will have the answer to your am my question.

Stratous
07-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Personally, I think its a waste of metal to hook the "N" plates together. The whole point of N plates is to drop the voltage across the cell, if two plates are connected together then they are the same circuit. Its like hooking two wires together, the plates need to be seperated in order to provide the voltage drop. Maybe I am looking at this from a different point of view and am missing the true meaning. Hooking two plates together gives them the same resistance value and thus makes them one plate. Seperating them will provide 2 seperate resistance values. Anyone with a different view please step in and correct me if i am wrong.

overtaker
07-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the replies! Please tell me on a 12 volt system how many plates can you use with connecting the n plates vs. not connecting them. Do the plates that are connected make hydrogen between them? Thanks again.

countryboy18
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
stratous you are right by attaching the 2 neutral plates you do not drop the voltage. so by ataching the neutral plates together well it is pointless.

Stratous
07-20-2008, 09:21 PM
You can use the same amount. Two plates connected together is the same as one plate.

countryboy18
07-20-2008, 09:35 PM
correct by having the neutral separated it will produce more HHO.
the red is + and the grey is neutral and black is - and the blue is the spacers and the bolts are SS and the neutral plates have bigger holes drilled into them so they are not touching the bolts.