PDA

View Full Version : Producing More H and Less O + Other Questions.

slimk
07-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Is there any plate configurations that actually produce more H than O? or will it always be a 2:1 ratio of H:0 because of how h2o is made up?

Is it correct that the excess O [from out HHO gen] single handedly messes up the ECU, 02 and other sensors as apposed to the H playing a role, and results in low mpg gain's? Or does the H play an equal part in it? or somewhere in between?

I want to do as little modding with efie's, o2 extenders, etc. as possible, so i am looking for a way to cut back on how much additional O has to go in the engine. Are there any known filters that will restrict O flow while letting all the H through, or some way of attracting H to an upper area of a tube, while letting O hover in a lower area while some of it is allowed to exit into the atmosphere?

Would restricting natural O[along with Nitrogen] coming in through the air cleaner [by partly blocking it] from the outside air help compensate for the extra O coming in through the HHO lines, thus resulting in NOT tripping off the 02 sensors as badly, thus dumping more gas into the mix?

Unless i dont understand how this thing works, it seems that the O from the HHO is extra and unnecessary part of the equation, so either we want to minimize it, or allow all of it but then reduce the default source via air cleaner.

Does the ECU know the diff between gasoline and H? if not then H can not be causing any problems with the sensors, right?

also wondering why the tailpipe o2 sensors are reading extra O from the HHO gen, because isnt that H + H + O supposed to be reunited into h2o after combustion? how is some of the O still going through the system untouched?

Thanks in advance for helping me understand this system better!

Stratous
07-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Is there any plate configurations that actually produce more H than O? or will it always be a 2:1 ratio of H:0 because of how h2o is made up?

Is it correct that the excess O [from out HHO gen] single handedly messes up the ECU, 02 and other sensors as apposed to the H playing a role, and results in low mpg gain's? Or does the H play an equal part in it? or somewhere in between?

I want to do as little modding with efie's, o2 extenders, etc. as possible, so i am looking for a way to cut back on how much additional O has to go in the engine. Are there any known filters that will restrict O flow while letting all the H through, or some way of attracting H to an upper area of a tube, while letting O hover in a lower area while some of it is allowed to exit into the atmosphere?

Would restricting natural O[along with Nitrogen] coming in through the air cleaner [by partly blocking it] from the outside air help compensate for the extra O coming in through the HHO lines, thus resulting in NOT tripping off the 02 sensors as badly, thus dumping more gas into the mix?

Unless i dont understand how this thing works, it seems that the O from the HHO is extra and unnecessary part of the equation, so either we want to minimize it, or allow all of it but then reduce the default source via air cleaner.

Does the ECU know the diff between gasoline and H? if not then H can not be causing any problems with the sensors, right?

also wondering why the tailpipe o2 sensors are reading extra O from the HHO gen, because isnt that H + H + O supposed to be reunited into h2o after combustion? how is some of the O still going through the system untouched?

Thanks in advance for helping me understand this system better!

It is not possible to reduce the amount of oxygen created during electrolysis. It has to be that way. There are ways to seperate the oxygen from the hydrogen, you just have to build the device that will do it. From my limited knowledge of sensors, I dont believe the ecu knows that Hydrogen is being introduced into the system because the sensors are not designed to sense hydrogen. It may be able to sense the EGT or something though. There is a link in the forums that tells how to make a seperator, you just hae to find it.

slimk
07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
what is EGT?

i know someone who is making a 100% hydrogen setup and he said what he uses to isolate the H away from the O is not a filter or seperator but instead hes made something out of the same metal/material that is used in the making of those expensive hydrogen storage tubes, apparently the metal/material that the storage tubes are made out of naturally attracts hydrogen to it so that works for attracting it in a flowing type setting such as what we need for these generators too ... i have yet to get the details on this, but if i find anything more out ill post it here...

thanks for confirming that the O is necessary..

i saw you or someone else post a picture of how a seperator works...with the o and h rising in seperate tubes...how would that work? dont the two + and - plates need to be close together to get the h2o to seperate at all? in the image they seemed far apart and in seperate sections of the device...

if this seperator works well, why wouldnt all of us be using it? what are the downsides?

Stratous
07-20-2008, 08:05 PM
what is EGT?

i know someone who is making a 100% hydrogen setup and he said what he uses to isolate the H away from the O is not a filter or seperator but instead hes made something out of the same metal/material that is used in the making of those expensive hydrogen storage tubes, apparently the metal/material that the storage tubes are made out of naturally attracts hydrogen to it so that works for attracting it in a flowing type setting such as what we need for these generators too ... i have yet to get the details on this, but if i find anything more out ill post it here...

thanks for confirming that the O is necessary..

i saw you or someone else post a picture of how a seperator works...with the o and h rising in seperate tubes...how would that work? dont the two + and - plates need to be close together to get the h2o to seperate at all? in the image they seemed far apart and in seperate sections of the device...

if this seperator works well, why wouldnt all of us be using it? what are the downsides?

EGT is exaust gas temperature. You can use magnets to seperate Hydrogen and Oxygen. Not sure how efficient it is and I havent built one yet. They dont need to be close if you use alot of catalyst to increase the conductivity of the water. Mineral water is pretty conductive and may work well for that test.

slimk
07-20-2008, 08:41 PM
have you come across anyone who has made a seperator style HHO gen for a vehicle?

ive read some instructions for HHO's that want to pipe right into the pcv valve, i took a look at mine and i dont understand where you'd be able to drill a hole in the black tubing very easily, the tubing from the FI system to the pcv value is like 3-4 inches long and its a very small diameter hose, should i put a hole somewhere in that small hose and then pipe in the HHO to there in addition to the air cleaner? i read that connecting to the pcv is good for idling mpg or something, is that true? or why would you want to connect to the pcv instead of just the air cleaner? are there any other spots that are commonly used?

Atechguy
07-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Here is and gen. that separates oxygen and hydrogen and pipes the oxygen in the car vents.:cool:http://hydranox5000.com/

slimk
07-21-2008, 06:30 AM
if you watch the video on their site you will notice that they say that some ecu's STILL get confused and end up getting worst mpg then before the unit was installed, WHY would this happen if they have a seperator unit that streams ONLY fresh H to the engine? is it cause of the EGT? or is it cause SOME O is leaking in somehow?

the whole point of this design in my mind is to aleviate the need for ecu tweaking...

also, there has been a image posted in threads of a similar nature that shows how the shape would need to be for a seperator, is there a specific reason why the water passage between the seperate tubes is slightly higher then where the plates are in the tubes? could that horizontal tube be parellel to the plates or even below them? i understand that they have to be below where the gas settles above the waters surface, but what about the other positions?

slimk
07-21-2008, 06:38 AM
wow i just noticed that the hydranox5000 says it only puts out 1.5 liters per HOUR of hydrogen! i guess thats why there isnt significant mpg savings...

id love to see the inside of their gadget to see how its all put together cause it seems pretty small thats for sure.

dennis13030
07-21-2008, 11:15 AM
I like it for it's size.

I do not like it for the cost and low LPM rate.

slimk
07-21-2008, 02:02 PM
im going to try and make a larger version of their device, well see what happens, its going to be little tricky making it cause it needs to have good water flow between 2 partially devided tubes..

Stratous
07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
After further thought on seperating the H from the O, I think its going to be difficult. Any type of vacuum weather it be partial or full is going to suck the O along with the H. How can we isolate the vacuum or partial vacuum from pulling air through the oxygen vent port? I see the idea of using magnets in the bubbler, but how can we keep the vehicle vacuum from pulling outside air through the o2 vent?

slimk
07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
would it help to make as weak a vacumm as possible by entering the H as far down the air cleaner [right above the filter] as possible?

is it realistic to think that the O side is going to get air in that will be forced down the entire side while O is being produced and trying to escape out the same place? maybe on a powerful vehicle...i dont know much about this stuff

it might help to just make the seperate tubes as tall as possible to resist that happening, and placing the cross part even below the plates...

Smith03Jetta
07-22-2008, 09:05 AM
I saw a design on a motorcycle that had a Hydrogen/Oxygen splitter. The oxygen was vented out of the system via a 30 psi Check Valve. The Hydrogen was vented into a holding tank under 30 psi. The Hydrogen was then pulled from the Hydrogen tank into the engine as it was needed. The entire system was under 30 psi so the engine vacuum had no effect on the HHO System at all.