PDA

View Full Version : efie help!!

ramcustom
08-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Ok i have the hho gen hooked up and have a digital efie from 3rdbrakeflasher and a Scan Gauge. When i add voltage with the efie the loop goes open on the ecu which I think will make the motor run rich. So how do i keep the loop closed and still lean the motor out? Is this a catch 22? I don't think ANYONE has this HHO stuff together as a reliable package at a reasonable price that can be installed by Joe Average and it will work as advertised. Am I wrong?

2006 Ford Focus 2L

rocky62
02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm new at this game but I found my self getting greedy and adding to much voltage on my home made efie. I'm now adding 200mv and tuning down until I don't go to open loop. Not real sure if I'm thinking right but that's what experimenting is all about I guess.

richard_lyew
02-11-2010, 08:46 PM
alot of people will damage and kill their ECUs before they start looking into using a AFC :D a ECU is priced at about us$500-us$1000 and a AFC is priced at about us$100-us$399. please look into using a AFC instead of trying all kind of stuff on your ECU that can damage it

i use a V-AFC1, i pay us$110 for it, there is also S-AFC1,V-AFC2, AFC select for EU cars, and the newest one is the AFC NEO. do a youtube search on AFC and read the manuals to see if you could understand it, if not just use what you understand. :D