PDA

View Full Version : www.mindstrain.com

slimk
07-21-2008, 06:41 AM
has anyone made a device based on his plans? he has some youtube videos as well demonstrating how he designed it and how it runs.

if you haven't made a device like his what potential downsides can you see from just looking it over?

dennis13030
07-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Dang good web site. However, Eddie goes too deep into the government suppression BS for my tastes. I am impressed with the details and his results.

I do recommend this web site to everyone.

Notes:
HHOO? 2 parts oxygen to 2 parts hydrogen is BULLSHIT. He thinks that a 3 plate design +-+ results in HHOO. It does not! this cell is equivalent to +- and -+.

slimk
07-21-2008, 02:01 PM
glad you caught that and pointed it out about HHOO not working, i was wondering if that was even possible lol...he got me thinking why not just do HH then? lol or HHHHHH? too bad its impossible though, eh?

so hes just getting better gains from different plate config i guess...

spob
07-21-2008, 02:17 PM
The only way to produce hydrogen and not oxygen is to get the oxygen to recombine and not come out as a gas. O2 readily combines with aluminum to form aluminum oxide, but once a layer forms on the aluminum, the recombination is halted.

Using a membrane to separate the two gasses would be the best bet. Any turbulence in the water could end up making the gasses not effectively seperate.

Using the oxygen isn't a bad thing. It helps to oxidize more fuel as well. We just need to adjust the sensors to accept it. Smith is doing the right thing by analizing all of the data and making adjustments from there.

slimk
07-21-2008, 02:22 PM
spob, are you under the opinion that an oxygen seperator wouldnt work, like having 2 seperated tubes one for each gas with a common water duct between them at or below the level of the plates? or just that some of the other seperation methods wont work?

what would this membrane material need to be made of?

the oxygen may not be a bad idea, but is it a good idea, or just neutral to the mpg savings created by the presence of the unexpected [from the engines perspective] H gas? is the 02 sensor the only sensor that will raise ecu issues for us with the HHO? if so, then it seems it may be a simple tweak [although risking running a lean engine doesnt sound like a good idea for newbies like myself] but if its gets much more complicated then that...it might be simpler and just as much mpg gain to try and eliminate the O going into the intake period.

thank you for your thoughts, and yes Smith is doing a wonderfully analyitcal job!

daveczrn
07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Notes:
HHOO? 2 parts oxygen to 2 parts hydrogen is BULLSHIT. He thinks that a 3 plate design +-+ results in HHOO. It does not! this cell is equivalent to +- and -+.

i was wondering how he figured that out.. i didn't have enough time to read everything to see what he was doing but it seemed that it would have a reverse effect.

dave

ranger2.3
07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Dang good web site. However, Eddie goes too deep into the government suppression BS for my tastes. I am impressed with the details and his results.

I do recommend this web site to everyone.

Notes:

What makes you think that the U.S. Gov't doesn't suppress this technology, dennis13030? Who's to say that it isn't very possible? I am not trying to offend you in any way, I am just using my freedom as a U.S. citizen to voice my opinion.

dennis13030
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
There has been a lot of discussion on the chemical make up of the HHO gas that comes from electrolysis of water.

Some say water turns into 2H2 + O2.
Others say water turns into H + H + O.

Either way, you get twice as much hydrogen as you do oxygen. This is why so many people call it HHO gas.

ranger2.3
07-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Thats because water is of course the same thing. Two parts Hydrogen,
One part oxygen. Which if you think about it HHO is just a different form of H2O. Like when you expose H20 to 32 deg. F it becomes Ice. Now expose it to 212 deg. F it becomes steam. Then expose it to any temperature between 32 and 212 deg. F , it becomes water. Then apply electrolysis to it and it becomes a different form of H2O. Thus stating that H2o is not water, water is only is a form of H2O the same is said with HHO

Stratous
07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
I read someplase that during the process the anode oxidizes and releases another oxygen mole, thats why most people actually say that during the release process its h2 and o2. I dont know if its true, dont really care. I know the o2 is the problem with most vehicles getting stupendious gains. I think we should concentrate on an easy way to seperate the H and O

spob
07-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Using an alloy of gallium and aluminum you can generate only hydrogen as the gallium keeps the aluminum from forming the oxide layer. This keeps the reaction going until all the respective units are used up.

http://www.dailytech.com/Purdue+Develops+Alloy+For+Commercially+Viable+Hydr ogen+Production/article10805.htm

airdude
07-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I built my first gen sort of like his, the +-+-+- way. Politics aside, I used distilled{1 gallon} water and about a teaspoon of lye. Generated lots of action but I did not measure production. I ran a hose directly into my intake horn, before the filter. Went on the road for a 55 mile loop that included average uphills and down. Highway only. I usually get 13 to 14.5 on the highway in my 2006 Dodge Ram 5.7 l Hemi. By the time I entered my driveway my econo meter read 17.5 mpg. pics here. Did not measure amps but blew a 15 but not a twenty after about an hour. Also water was warm to the touch but not hot. Used 8 gauge wire.

http://www.airchexcorp.com/hho.htm