PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Cut-off Switch?

PAPAFIXIT
07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Has anyone given any thought to an FAIL SAFE emergency cut-off switch for an HHO gen? In the event of a crash, ( GOD forbid ), most drivers wouldn't think about cutting off the ignition, especially if they were unconcious. I have an idea for just such an item. If I can get enough affirmative support from the collective forum that we do indeed need such an item, I will persue idea and market the product on E-BAY.
kolorme.blest@yahoo.com

ranger2.3
07-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Thats a good Idea! Correct me if I am wrong, but don't most modern day cars have a fuel safety switch(in gasoline, diesel cars) along the fuel line in the event of a crash?

PAPAFIXIT
07-21-2008, 07:32 PM
I believe you are reffering to an inertia switch, some vehicles have them and some do not. I also believe an inertia switch only cuts off the fuel pump, not the ignition.

93turbo_animal
07-22-2008, 12:03 AM
you could wire your relay to get its signal from the fuel pump wire so if the inertia switch cuts power to the fuel pump then your generator would also be dead

daveczrn
07-22-2008, 10:11 AM
I guess there is a market for it... I have always turned ignition off when ever i got into an accident.

lukeoid1
07-24-2008, 01:15 PM
So if the power to the fuel pump is off when the engine is off, this would be the ideal wire to tap for a relay to the cell. Right?
I'll do that for the next car I work on.

HYDROTEKPRO
07-24-2008, 06:10 PM
There are a couple of different ways to do this.

1) Vacuum activated on/off switch, activated by engine running (or not), connected to one of the vacuum lines of the intake. This on/off switch is then connected to a relay switch of appropriate amperage, to the max your unit will draw when running HOT! The relay switch is on the main current line to the electrolyzer.

2) Same as above except it'd be an electrical relay switch activated by the oil sending unit.

3) And of course same as above except it'd be an electrical relay switch activated by the fuel pump.

Any of these only has the electrolyzer turned on when the engine is running, which is the only time it should be on.

Any of these is a much better option than having the electrolyzer connected to the radio!:D