PDA

View Full Version : http://www.hoffmanapparatus.com/

slimk
07-21-2008, 06:33 PM
what do you think of this device? please submit your opinions and reviews!

this is very similar to the device that i want to make myself, i emailed the owner of this site with a few questions on where exactly in everything the plates are, etc. we'll see if he wants me to buy it or if he will help me :)

he says it puts out 7 litres per hour, seems kinda low, is this to be expected with any separator devices? is this why most HHO vehicle applications dont like this type of device? is the low production because the plates are kinda far apart and are likely fewer in number then what might be in some other designs?

the amps are very low [around 6-8 ] which is a good thing at least, it wouldnt hurt production for him to use a little more electrolyte or would that in fact be bad?

airdude
07-21-2008, 06:39 PM
why one would want to exclude oxygen from any attempts to enhance the burning of fossil fuel.

slimk
07-21-2008, 06:42 PM
so that you dont need to tamper with the o2 sensors and/or the ecu to get at least some initial mpg gain from the H being in there.

at least at the beginning it seems best to perfect the gen first, then tweak, so later on you would always reintroduce the o stream to the engine, and at least you'd have the control of allowing all of it in or only a selected percentage, more control at the source cant hurt right?

cougar gt-e
07-21-2008, 08:04 PM
what do you think of this device? please submit your opinions and reviews!

this is very similar to the device that i want to make myself, i emailed the owner of this site with a few questions on where exactly in everything the plates are, etc. we'll see if he wants me to buy it or if he will help me :)

he says it puts out 7 litres per hour, seems kinda low, is this to be expected with any separator devices? is this why most HHO vehicle applications dont like this type of device? is the low production because the plates are kinda far apart and are likely fewer in number then what might be in some other designs?

the amps are very low [around 6-8 ] which is a good thing at least, it wouldnt hurt production for him to use a little more electrolyte or would that in fact be bad?

7 liters per hour!!!! That's way way way low, especially for using 6-8 amps.

I would think you should get 1/2 to 3/4 liter per minute at 10 amps.

David Hamilton
07-21-2008, 10:36 PM
using lye is very caustic I think.