PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler Type

justaguy
07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
What are you guys using for your bubbler?

Stratous
07-21-2008, 09:58 PM
What are you guys using for your bubbler?

I have used a acrylic container purchased at walmart. Its the standard flip top style that used most commonly in kitchens for dry food storage.
I have also made several bubblers out of polycarbonate plastic.

Both styles worked very well.

justaguy
07-21-2008, 10:13 PM
I have used a acrylic container purchased at walmart. Its the standard flip top style that used most commonly in kitchens for dry food storage.
I have also made several bubblers out of polycarbonate plastic.

Both styles worked very well.

Stratous, the flip top was exactly what I was looking at yesterday. I was afraid it wouldn,t seal tight enough and leak. Did you have any problem with heat with the flip top?

Stratous
07-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Stratous, the flip top was exactly what I was looking at yesterday. I was afraid it wouldn,t seal tight enough and leak. Did you have any problem with heat with the flip top?

No, I put the bubbler behind the bumper so it doesnt get hot.

justaguy
07-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Do you think it would be ok on the firewall?

scottyhho
07-22-2008, 09:59 PM
i used 2 inch pvc for my bubbler.

dennyk159
07-22-2008, 10:42 PM
I used 2" PVC also. The bubbler is in the back of the photo. I just capped the bottom, & used a plumbing test plug on top. Not shown in the pic is a check valve between the electrolyser (foreground left) & the bubbler. Output of the bubbler is at the top left.

scottyhho
07-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Yea, mine is similar.

oicu812
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I use a home depot inline house water filter. I glue a 1/2 inch hose barb fitting in the center hole and 1/4 inch hose to the bottom. it seals perfectly.

Omega
07-24-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm using 1.5" PVC for a bubbler. I'm using a check valve between the generator and the bubbler.

The main problem I've had is keeping the water in the bubbler. It's 8" tall and if I fill it about half full, it tends to stay in the container better than if I fill it up more.

Another trick, which I highly recommend, is stuffing a plastic dish washing scrubber and rolled up Scotch Brite pads into the bubbler to act as baffles. When your generator and bubbler are attached to a vacuum line, the dynamics of the vacuum on the water in the system tends to be very violent. The plastic scrubbing pad and/or Scotch Brite pads do a great job in stopping the violent surges and splashing in the bubbler.

I tried making solid plastic baffles that would fit into my bubbler, but it was very labor intensive and I had trouble making round baffles with the acrylic I was using, it tended to crack.

Give the plastic scrubber / Scotch Brite pad idea a try. It really helps!!

scottyhho
07-24-2008, 12:32 AM
great idea! I have a bunch of steel whool i will stuff in the bubbler. That will work great. Thanks!!!

jimbo40
07-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Uhh, Your joking right? Because other people might think your serious.

Steel wool mixed with water, and oxygen, will be Rust wool in a matter of like minutes. Hello Mcfly:rolleyes:

scottyhho
07-24-2008, 12:13 PM
good point! I don't know what I was thinking!!! :eek: