PDA

View Full Version : HHO Alternative uses

gasmakr
06-03-2008, 01:18 PM
I was just responding to a thread in general discussions about a future project I'm getting ready to work on. An HHO system to heat a steam boiler to heat my home in the winter and I thought to myself what other uses could we have for this wonderful gas......so I started this thread just for that purpose. What kind of far out there ideas do you guys have fore future uses of HHO. Automotive, home, industry or anywhere else?:)

Ronjinsan
06-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi Gasmkr

I still think that it's obvious place is in the internal combustion engine. Just now the Arabs are going to come clean and tell us that they aint got no more and all of a sudden over 600 million motor cars suddenly become lumps of metal. We have to work harder to find a way so at least some of us dont get caught! ;) Having said that I still think that my original idea which one of our members scoffed at very quickly, was to produce HHO using wind or solar power through a battery bank into an array of cells and directing the HHO from there directly into a nice 5 or 7kva generator! I cant imagine why said member thought I was joking, its a perfectly feasable idea! Or am I totally up a tree....tell me dammit! :rolleyes:

gasmakr
06-03-2008, 09:47 PM
NAAAAA I don't think your up a tree....not yet anyway:D it sounds like a perfectly feasable idea. Alot of work to set it up but once you get it going it should work pretty smooth.

I had another thought...I have family members who use liquid propane gas to burn in thier cooking stove. If you could make enough gas to burn in a steam boiler to heat your house you could probobly use the same cell setup in the kitchen also.:)

CHRISTOPHER
06-04-2008, 06:55 AM
nice to see we talkin about other things to do with hho and i like both ideas i just think that the amount of hho you would need to run a generator or a gas stove would be more than you could produce by a long shot. I would love to try the stove idea (think i might) but i am no entirely shour that its going to work. I have tryed running 125cc engin on 1.7 L/min and it fired like 3 times but wourld not idel at all so i think just to idel it you would prob need 4-5 L/min and that is pretty imposible at this stage but thats just my thought i would love to be proven wrong.:rolleyes:

Ronjinsan
06-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Go check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqHnBRwu2wA

:D:D:D

gasmakr
06-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Yeah I seen that one ron.... and this one proves you can make at least 5.5 liters of hho a min.....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFrkHFmjx0c

Ronjinsan
06-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Jeeeez yeah but look at the amount of kit he's using! I dont have enough room or power under my bonnet.......maybe I should buy a trailer and another one for batteries......oh yeah and one for alternators..:D:D

gasmakr
06-06-2008, 07:06 PM
If your talking home use like I soon will be this guy is my hero:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrbfNsPRJd0

mangyhyena
07-27-2008, 11:04 AM
You all are talking about using HHO in a steam boiler. Why not use it to heat the boiler that runs a steam engine that runs a generator? Perhaps a closed loop system could be accomplished.

If not a completely closed loop system, then how about using a parabolic setup to heat/preheat the water and then using HHO to take the heat high enough to run the steam engine?

mangyhyena
07-27-2008, 11:18 AM
"We have to work harder to find a way so at least some of us dont get caught!"

I would suggest you go to this site. http://www.permaculture.com/ It's about distilling alcohol and using it for fuel in your vehicle. Before you start listing all the things you think you know about alcohol as a fuel I'll say that I didn't think it was a viable option either. But after doing some reading I realized some of the information I've gotten about alcohol was just plain wrong. Anyway, the link is there if you want to take a look for yourself.

1973dodger
07-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Perhaps we are looking at this thing all wrong. Perhaps we should continue to keep the hho as a catalyst and consider using other fuels as our prominent fuel, since hho will virtually vaporize what it comes in contact with given the proper ratios of hho to the type of fuel being burned. I plan in the near future to do some experimenting on a an old 3.5 briggs mower i have with different fuels. Any suggestions on types of ready available fuels to try. My first thoughts is to try waste veg. oil and waste motor oil after running through a filter process, then mixing with some different quanities of gasoline to acheive the proper viscosity.

1973 dodger

DaneDHorstead
08-23-2008, 10:41 AM
:)
Jeeeez yeah but look at the amount of kit he's using! I dont have enough room or power under my bonnet.......maybe I should buy a trailer and another one for batteries......oh yeah and one for alternators..:D:D
HHO Generators do not have to be vertical to produce HHO.

In fact the tall slender cells in the video, would work better if layed down into horizontal tubes, as they are more likely to stay better submerged, as water burns away.

I'd bet you have more than enough room to double the size of the generator seen in the video link, and array them under your car seats, set side by side horizontally!

Besides a possible scissors jack, one quarter, and three loose pennies, what do you have under the car seats?

It is basicly wasted space, that could be put to good use!

And you'll be twenty eight cents richer, just for trying.

HydroFarmer
09-29-2008, 05:56 AM
Hello all, this my first reply to the forum. I'm currently working on a stationary engine idea using a 1 kw (1000 watts) Onan propane genset. My goal is to operate this genset on near 100% hydro gas if possible. Of course a couple of things will need to be done to to accomplish this 1. adjust timing to tdc. 2. injection of hydro gas into the carburetor at a specific point.
Currently I've tried injecting into the air inlet of the carb for which there was little measureable results.. I think the my electrolyzer is a bit small.
My electrolyzer is and 8 cell, 16 plate s.s. electrical plate covers that have been cross hatched sanded and cleaned. The setup currently is using sodium hydrox,(lye). 12vdc @ 15-17 amps.
When in operation the electrolyzer operates throught a pressure switch, maintaining a range of 6-15 psig(on-off cycle). Using a constant 6 psig in the supply line. Then through 2 bubblers and using a 20ga. needle syringe to inject directly into the carburetor.

These are the current unknowns:

1. Amount of hydrox gas needed to maintain a 5 hp engine.
2. Finding a balance with this unity issue.
3. Adjusting the timming to use both propane and hydrox.
4. Adding a PWM to the system to improve efficiency.

My ultimate challenge will be to upsize this idea to a 1.5 to 2 litre 4cylinder engine and use the electrical and the water cooled section to heat water for home heating and domestic hot water..

Let's keep this one going with just facts so we don't get confused with the fictional hydroxy issues that are out here.

Thanks all.

HydroFarmer
11-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Has anybody out there used HHo gas in a bunsen burner or standing flame application . HHO is easy enough to produce however , other than injecting it into the intake of a motor ,what else can we do with this gas with the fuel and oxygen going down the same supply line..

mytoyotasucks
11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Has anybody out there used HHo gas in a bunsen burner or standing flame application . HHO is easy enough to produce however , other than injecting it into the intake of a motor ,what else can we do with this gas with the fuel and oxygen going down the same supply line..

ok have used hydoxy to run a bbq(mid sized) last week - were going to though out bbq anyway. Hooked up three of my gens to get it to work, didnt work that bad either.

and have tried a 3hp lawnmower with the tree gen setup, ran ok too but no high rpm, we got around 2200 rpm. - drilled and tapped a hole in the car so it would suck right in like a vacuum and that put a hose into the air fliter which we partially taped off.

admin
11-26-2008, 11:21 AM
you ran the lawnmower entirely off of hydroxy? or was there also gasoline in it.

mytoyotasucks
11-26-2008, 11:26 AM
you ran the lawnmower entirely off of hydroxy? or was there also gasoline in it.

no gas just hydroxy.

the carb was f'ed up and didnt want to spend more money on it so didnt matter if worked or not.

but since have gotten up to full rpm and power with 5 gens on it.

need bigger gens!

Super Fuel FX
11-26-2008, 11:28 AM
What were you using for a power source for the gen's? I would love a pic of this! Sweet work Toyota!

admin
11-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Please post a pic.

how many LPM are the gens?

it's be nice to see how much hho is required.

mytoyotasucks
11-26-2008, 01:28 PM
What were you using for a power source for the gen's? I would love a pic of this! Sweet work Toyota!

at first we used 2 batts in parallel - 12V and a battery charger.
and the gens were hooked through a hd block than to batts.

but when we had all 5 hooked - was connected via booster cables to a truck - pulling about 18 - 20 amp and 12.7V each(yes hard on alt).

My gens produce around 1.5 LPM - did not test all 5 hooked but tested 3 and produced just over 4 LPM together. but going to guess 5 = 6 LPM or more.

Dont have pic right now but will take pics nect time - cause i think i can do better.

my gens are 5 plate 4" pvc.

starting to hate pvc!! :mad:

want to go to dry but cant afford since i quit my job.

and it was only a 3 hp lawn mower.

someone gave us a 18hp rider for free (old but runs kinda) and want to mod carb for HHO not liquid gas.

Please post a pic.

how many LPM are the gens?

it's be nice to see how much hho is required.

triple88a
12-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Has anybody out there used HHo gas in a bunsen burner or standing flame application
i was thinking about it however wouldnt you be concerned with poisoning from the electrolyte you are using? Thats what is changing my mind. I wouldnt want Drano mist on my steak.

next.. how much HHO is needed for let say run a 2 hp lawnmower motor to actually produce the 2hp?

From what i could find much more power goes into actually producing the HHO then you can get out even with an alternator. :(

A 100% efficient alternator and 2 hp would be able to produce 108 amps. In real life with efficiency losses with 2hp you might be able to get 80 amps out of it at 13.8 volts. Can you make enough HHO with 80 amps to produce enough to feed the lawnmower engine so it can produce 2hp?

VanHalen
12-15-2008, 10:19 PM
So the power source for an inside application, such as a stove or Bunsen burner, would be some sort of battery charger plugged into the wall, to some sort of battery, to the cell? I would like to explore other areas HHO can be used for, but am confused on how to make a practical power source

mytoyotasucks
12-16-2008, 12:57 AM
So the power source for an inside application, such as a stove or Bunsen burner, would be some sort of battery charger plugged into the wall, to some sort of battery, to the cell? I would like to explore other areas HHO can be used for, but am confused on how to make a practical power source

computer power supply modded.
preferably 600 watts or more.