PDA

View Full Version : Problem with system.

02 TDI
06-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi,
I'm new to the forum, as I just found it.
I recently installed a single cell on my 02 Jetta TDI. Right now I have the hose going into my airbox just before the MAF sensor. Should the hose go before the MAF or after the MAF?
I ask because I'm not seeing much increase, and most of the time I see worse mileage. My thought is, the MAF is reading a lot more volume, thus putting more fuel in, making it less efficent. I am wrong about this?
The car runs good. I have the bubbler open 2 turns from being wide open. Beyond that and the car stumbles. I have no loss in power. The exhaust smell has no diesel smell to it.
I have 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Soda in the jar currently. It makes a large reaction, which makes the top half of the jar look cloudy. It's bubbles, but more then I've seen on other videos's.
I also have what I consider, alot of moisture in the hose going to the airbox. What am I doing wrong?
I appreciate any help.
Will

gasmakr
06-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Hey Will,

welcome to the group. I think you'll find most of the answers you are looking for here this group has some valuble experience...You are right on with the MAF sensor when it reads the extra volume as well as aditional oxygen saturation from the oxygen sensor it will apply more fuel to the mix. You diden't mention weather you were useing an 02 extender or a map sensor enhancer to trick the comp. into leaning out your fuel mix.:)

if your not then you can ony expect minimal gains in MPG.

02 TDI
06-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I appreciate the advice. I'll have to search the 02 extender. I was already considering the map enhancer, so I guess that will no longer just be a consideration.I'll search for the making of one.
Thank you for the help.

One question about the moisture going into the airbox. Is there a way to stop that. I can't imagine that it's supposed to do that? I was considering a water/moisture seperator that flows well. Like one for a paint gun, or the oxygen systems for medical connections. Opinions?

gasmakr
06-04-2008, 08:41 PM
No problem....some moisture is normal and is actually good for your motor the vapor will travel into your intake tract and when flash steams in the combustion chamber will steam clean your valves and such...as well as keeping the Air charge a little cooler.as well as helping preventing knock or detionation..drag racers use this all the time either injecting water or alochol for the same reasons. :)

the 02 extenders and map enhancers you can find on EBAY pretty cheap.:)

02 TDI
06-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Thanks, I'll check that out. Sorry for the wrong thread also, just found the Q and A section. On a Blackberry, so it's kinda limiting searching the site.

02 TDI
06-05-2008, 09:08 AM
I found the MAP enhancer and am buying one. I found O2 enhancers which are just spacers to back off the sensor. I have seen the water4gas version which consists of a small box, much like the MAP enhancer. Which one should I utilize?

gasmakr
06-05-2008, 06:01 PM
first the 02 extender because it's cheap and there is no adjstment needed just install it and see what diff. it makes.....the MAP is a little diff. it takes some adjusting to get the optimum setting they also make an enhancer for your 02 sensor instead of the MAP sensor which kinda does the same thing...But when you fool withe the map sensor sometimes you get adverse effects like the cooling fans running all the time or the air conditioning cutting out....this is because you are making the engine think it is hot and the air coming in is hot that is why it leans out the fuel mix.but when it thinks it's hot the computer does some funny things like safety measures like i said above.....the o2 enhanser eliminates this problem by only telling the computer the exhaust has too much fuel in it so it leans out the mix bypassing any adverse effects at least that's how it's supposed to work....I have no expereience with this one so if you descide to go this route please post your findings so we can all benifit:)

ashmir
08-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Hi,my car have problem with white smoke and sometimes look like blue also.And the smoke is went away after i tune.Its very long time that the smoke not coming..And now i finish install my dry cell in my car.Now the smoke come again,especially when i switch on the aircond.The different now,when i disconnect hho,the smoke out a bit.when i on hho,smoke came a lot..please help.thank in advance.:confused:

myoldyourgold
08-27-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?p=41148#post41148