PDA

View Full Version : New MAF Sensor Enhancer Design

Smith03Jetta
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
OK, guys, I've got a treat for you.

I've been working quietly behind the scenes to come up with a MAF Sensor Signal enhancer that does not have to be Switched on and off based on your driving speed, engine idle and other factors. This MAF enhancer can be fine tuned and then installed some place other than the dash of your car.

I have obtained a circuit diagram for an automatic MAF signal enhancer. It does not have to be switched between highway and city. It does not have to be switched on and off between idle and driving. I have not built the device yet because my electronics skills suck. A seasoned electronics guy put this design together for me and virtually tested it on computer.

Is there anybody out there on this forum who is willing to build this device an put it to use? I would really like to see if this would work. It's a lot more advanced than anything I've seen so far.

I gave the electronics guy the following information and he provided me with the attached diagram.

I am attempting to modify the voltage on a Mass Air Flow sensor signal wire. I want to maintain a minimum voltage on the wire but scale back the voltage on the signal wire as the original voltage increases above 3 volts.

How I want my MAF sensor signal voltage to behave.

The MAF sensor maintains a constant voltage at car engine Idle. That voltage instructs the ECU to pump adequate gasoline through the fuel injectors to maintain an idle near 900 rpm.

As the throttle is engaged, the airflow into the engine increases. This increase in airflow causes the MAF sensor wire to cool off. This cooling effect increases the output voltage at a rate proportional to the increased rate of airflow.

My goal is to provide the factory amount of gasoline flow at idle but to lean out the fuel supply as the MAF sensor signal voltage increases. In order to do this, I want to lower the voltage a percentage ranging from 0% reduction at Idle to n% at full throttle. The ā€œnā€ value should be adjustable to allow fine tuning of the engine.