PDA

View Full Version : amperage drop when adding electrolite

overtaker
07-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Doing some tests and was getting some production so we added more electrolite and production increased and the amps. decreased. I'm not complaining but why is this?

daveczrn
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
hmm.... i haven't herd to many people say that so i'm not sure.. I have herd that using more electrolite is better... but i have no test to really prove that.

onlything i might be able to put the blame on would be that the less electrolite is making it easier for the electricy to pass through the water so it's making more HHO. I don't know why it wouldn;t just pull more amps though unless something changed in your generator.

dennis13030
07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Doing some tests and was getting some production so we added more electrolite and production increased and the amps. decreased. I'm not complaining but why is this?

I agree with Dave. Something has changed to see better production with less amps. Normally more chemicals added to the water means more current(less resistance). I'm pretty sure it is true in all cases.

overtaker
07-24-2008, 12:56 AM
All cases except one.;) 3or 4 times in a row we added electrolite and the amps went down yet it produced more bubbles. Go figure? We were using a drain cleaner from the orange box store .

dennis13030
07-24-2008, 01:02 AM
The drain cleaner may be adding resistance(but that is very unlikely). You may want to re-clean/check/re-tighten your electrical connections. Poor electrical connections can add significant resistance.

overtaker
07-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Thanks Dennis. This was a bench test . I think the drain cleaner is only 29% good electrolite and the rest water. I don't know what is in the water that they have as part of their formula. (CITY WATER?) We were adding it to distilled water and had to add quite a bit. We never moved the amp. meter leeds.

dennis13030
07-24-2008, 01:19 AM
It sound pretty odd to me.

FYI
Distilled water(pure water) is highly resistive. Tap water is more conductive(less resistive).

overtaker
07-24-2008, 01:31 AM
It was odd to me too. Thats why I posted this. I hope someone can shed some light on this. THANKS AGAIN . I'll see what happens on our next test.:)

liberybell
07-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Less amps and more bubbles...wow! that's great!
Have you measure the production?
How is the heat? Usually less amps means less heat.
Are you using ss?

Smith03Jetta
07-24-2008, 08:26 AM
If you keep adding this electrolyte you can create a perpetual motion machine. Add Electrolyte and reduce amps and increase HHO... Just keep doing it!!!

overtaker
07-24-2008, 09:53 AM
The amps only dropped about one amp. It started about 6.5 amps and dropped to about 5.5 amps. and stayed there. It didn't make sense to me why it would drop at all. We didn't measure production but it clearly made more bubbles after the deluted electrolyte was added. (drain cleaner)

dennis13030
07-24-2008, 10:29 AM
What metal are you using inside the electrolyzer?

What are the ingredients to the drain cleaner you are using?

daveczrn
07-24-2008, 10:59 AM
hey dennis, have you ever tired to just keep adding electrolite? or did you always just get it to where you wanted it to be(amps) and leave it there?

overtaker
07-24-2008, 11:06 AM
We were using 316 ss and the drain cleaner... sodium hydroxide 28% and potassium 1% the rest water so I'm told. The brand is INSTANT POWER main line cleaner.