PDA

View Full Version : Does the Water4Gas set-up work well?

SteveO
07-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Hello, I'm new to HHO and these forums. I was just wondering how efficient the water4gas set-up really is, it seems to use less energy than the plate set-up. I've read alot about the water4gas set-up overheating, but I read that if you set-up more of those mason jar fuel cells the heat will be reduced and you'll produce HHO more efficiently as well.

So I just wanted to know if a "6 Pack" water4gas set-up or if a 1 Generator plate set-up would be more efficient.

Also, does anyone know how many Liters/Minute I could expect with the "6Pack" set-up?

justaguy
07-23-2008, 10:48 PM
I think most are having better luck with tubes or plates instead of wire that water4gas uses. The wire doesn,t have much surface to create the hho. Some have had good luck with them though. They say 1 lmp is what they produce but I don,t believe it. Also some people say they heat up too. Six hooked up in series should do pretty good though.

bigapple
07-23-2008, 11:11 PM
u would save alot more if u spend money on an efficient plate setup as opposed to spending 6 times the amount of one of those jar setups... u can run more efficiently with more current thru a good plate setup also... the mason jar is also risky because high temperatures and glass r never a good mixture... it could shatter at any moment if the heat is high enough

scottyhho
07-23-2008, 11:17 PM
I agree. If you just do some reading here, you can build a good generator for about 200 bucks. If you have questions...just ask. Don't waist your money of that water4gas.. This forum is freeeeeee

SteveO
07-23-2008, 11:37 PM
I think most are having better luck with tubes or plates instead of wire that water4gas uses. The wire doesn,t have much surface to create the hho. Some have had good luck with them though. They say 1 lmp is what they produce but I don,t believe it. Also some people say they heat up too. Six hooked up in series should do pretty good though.

They say 1 LPM for 1 jar? That doesn't look right from some of the videos I've seen. I think they may have stretched that a little, I can see that from 6 jars but not from one....I wonder if anyone on the forum is running this set-up...it'd be nice to get some numbers. I'll put up another thread about it later....

u would save alot more if u spend money on an efficient plate setup as opposed to spending 6 times the amount of one of those jar setups... u can run more efficiently with more current thru a good plate setup also... the mason jar is also risky because high temperatures and glass r never a good mixture... it could shatter at any moment if the heat is high enough

Well it's approximately $15 per "hho generator" with their method...so to build 6 would be about $90. I actually have room right behind my grill for all 6, so I don't think heat will be an extreme issue.

I agree. If you just do some reading here, you can build a good generator for about 200 bucks. If you have questions...just ask. Don't waist your money of that water4gas.. This forum is freeeeeee

I got the instructions and all that from my buddy, he wanted me to read it and put the system together for him, so I didn't have to waste any money on their "Guide" =). Do you know if anyone on the forum is running a water4gas set-up? Maybe they can provide some LPM numbers, it'd be nice to see what their set-up can output for the energy it uses.

P.S. Thanks for the reply's guys. I really appreciate the input. =)

SmoothieV
07-24-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm trying to set up a water4gas set up right now and just waiting for all the materials. Unless I get GREAT result its really just a test before I make my own generator.

I drive a Mazda3 hatchback and I want to put the generator in the hatch... Does anyone see anything wrong with doing that, snaking the wire out the side of the car and down under the car to get it to the engine compartment?? It won't lose efficiency will it?

Also, if I want to make a good stainless steal system with good plates and everything what should i use to construct it? Solder? what do you put between the plates? etc... Does anyone have a full how-to guide on constructing a good structure including the plates?

Smith03Jetta
07-24-2008, 08:36 AM
The only problem that I see with putting the Gen in the hatch is if you have vapor leaks it can poison you. If you get a spark, it can explode and leave you permanently deaf or put some shrapnel in the back of your brain. Other than that, the rear hatch is a perfect place.:rolleyes:

I don't think many people on this forum will rave about the benefits of the spiral wire design.

SmoothieV
07-24-2008, 08:54 AM
I shouldn't get a spark with a bubbler AND a flame arrestor... I'll put the bubbler in the trunk too, and the flame arrestor in the engine compartment...

Understood about an explosion and poison though, especially if it leaks..

computerclinic
07-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Best and safest bet would be to relocate the car battery to the trunk/hatchback and put your generator in the battery tray.

The glass jar stuff is good for bench testing and demonstrations, but no one can PAY ME enough to trust a glass jar anywhere in the engine compartment, let alone the 4 to 6 jars needed to get any real production.

IMHO a polycarbonate box with SS plates and a bubbler located in the battery tray is the best design for production and safety.

Poly, glass, or PVC definately does not belong anywhere in the occupant parts of any vehicle- its just a huge problem waiting to happen.

Poly+Plates+Bubbler(engine compartment)=Safe and Happy

bigapple
07-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Best and safest bet would be to relocate the car battery to the trunk/hatchback and put your generator in the battery tray.

The glass jar stuff is good for bench testing and demonstrations, but no one can PAY ME enough to trust a glass jar anywhere in the engine compartment, let alone the 4 to 6 jars needed to get any real production.

IMHO a polycarbonate box with SS plates and a bubbler located in the battery tray is the best design for production and safety.

Poly, glass, or PVC definately does not belong anywhere in the occupant parts of any vehicle- its just a huge problem waiting to happen.

Poly+Plates+Bubbler(engine compartment)=Safe and Happy

good thinking but relocating a battery could be pricey... u would have to buy very heavy gauge wire to run it all the way into ur car... and ive had battery acid leaks just from carrying a battery in the back of my car... it absolutely destroys ur carpet... and clothes if u have those back there too... find a place to make a platform for it to sit on and bolt that platform to the inside wall under ur hood... just make sure to use a short screw so u dont end up drilling into the outside of ur car... or u could always redo ur air intake and use the place where ur stock airbox was... thats what i did since i have a 360 degree cone filter

SteveO
07-25-2008, 02:47 AM
good thinking but relocating a battery could be pricey... u would have to buy very heavy gauge wire to run it all the way into ur car... and ive had battery acid leaks just from carrying a battery in the back of my car... it absolutely destroys ur carpet... and clothes if u have those back there too... find a place to make a platform for it to sit on and bolt that platform to the inside wall under ur hood... just make sure to use a short screw so u dont end up drilling into the outside of ur car... or u could always redo ur air intake and use the place where ur stock airbox was... thats what i did since i have a 360 degree cone filter

He could get one of those battery relocation kits, you can get a descent one for like $100. Comes with the housing and the wire. The housing should protect the carpet from acid leakage.

SmoothieV
07-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Replacing my airbox with a CAI was my first idea too but my car refused to run on it. It sputters and cuts almost immediately. the revs come way down and it stalls. Can't figure out why... I drive a mazda3 hatch.

EltonBrandd
07-25-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm trying to set up a water4gas set up right now and just waiting for all the materials. Unless I get GREAT result its really just a test before I make my own generator.

I drive a Mazda3 hatchback and I want to put the generator in the hatch... Does anyone see anything wrong with doing that, snaking the wire out the side of the car and down under the car to get it to the engine compartment?? It won't lose efficiency will it?

Also, if I want to make a good stainless steal system with good plates and everything what should i use to construct it? Solder? what do you put between the plates? etc... Does anyone have a full how-to guide on constructing a good structure including the plates?

I feel like a salesman as many times as I promote the smack's booster. It is easy to build, parts are all from home depot (almost all).
http://smacksboosters.110mb.com/Smack.pdf