PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler confusion? Vacume not included?

jerryrig
07-24-2008, 12:38 AM
I made my bubbler, it is the same size pvc that my cell is, it is kind of tall, I made a blow off membrane cap for it. Anyhow, now, I made it, and of course, I can hear the bubbles. But when I stick the tube to it in some water, no bubbles of course. So now, is this just a "works only with vacume system dea?l" Also, my bubbler is pretty large, will it take a while for all of the gasses to fill the inside of the bubbler? I did not add much water to the bubbler to try it out first. My production is really good though, I am not sure how many ml a min there is but, I think I can fill the inside of the bubbler pretty fast. Any how, any help with this one will be great, I think I might need to down size my bubbler? What does everyone think?

Johnh
07-24-2008, 04:05 AM
Id spray a bit of detergent and water mix over the generator and bubbler - sounds like all the gas is leaking out somewhere. detergent mix will foam up where there is a leak
John

jerryrig
07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I can try that soap mix, and I might be wrong, but I am sure it is holding good. I hook it all up and blow through the last tube and I can not hear any air leaking. I was thinking about just sealing around all of the fittings any way with some rtv high heat silicone just to be on the safe side.:o