PDA

View Full Version : is there a "Best Design" for an HHO Fuel Cell?

SteveO
07-24-2008, 01:18 AM
If not, can someone direct me to a place where I might find a design that's moderately easy to assemble?

dennis13030
07-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Checkout the Smackbooster
http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/

Dewayne
07-24-2008, 12:20 PM
This is another "oh crap" on my part.

I have just looked up the temp ratings for sched 40 PVC and ABS (should have done this before I built my generator.)

Sched 40 PVC has a max temp rating of 140 degrees and ABS has a rating of 180 degrees.

What pisses me off is when I was buying the pipe "BOB the plumber" was buying pipe also and I asked him which had the higher temp rating and BOB said PVC. Wish I had got his company name that way I would know who not to call if I need service.

I guess I'll have to put some type of shield around it to keep the manifold heat away form it.

cougar gt-e
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM
This is another "oh crap" on my part.

I have just looked up the temp ratings for sched 40 PVC and ABS (should have done this before I built my generator.)

Sched 40 PVC has a max temp rating of 140 degrees and ABS has a rating of 180 degrees.

What pisses me off is when I was buying the pipe "BOB the plumber" was buying pipe also and I asked him which had the higher temp rating and BOB said PVC. Wish I had got his company name that way I would know who not to call if I need service.

I guess I'll have to put some type of shield around it to keep the manifold heat away form it.

At 4.6 amps my smack-ish booster was getting up to 170F in a 1/2 gal of water with draino crystals.

timetowinarace
07-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I've boiled the water in my ABS with no harm done.