PDA

View Full Version : Why Share? Debate

Bayesoft
09-12-2009, 07:45 PM
So I came up with an improved plate configuration and generator design for the hho dry cell. I'm using plates of off the shelf 12"x12" 316SS to reduce costs associated with having custom plates cut. Haven't built it yet and honestly I'm reluctant to share any design characteristics on an open forum.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for sticking it to Corporate America and enabling others to do the same. My problem is with people who fish these forums for new innovations, steal/modify the concept. Then either patent it as their own or begin production and leave you in the dust. Sorry but credit and fame for an idea isn't enough when someone is profiting from your intellect and innovation.

Let's say you worked in R&D for a multi-million dollar company and designed a better whatever. The company builds, markets and sells the product and makes a lot of money. That's ok because that's what they hired, and paid you to do in the first place.

At least the inventor was paid AND got credit... It doesn't sit right with me, that there are people out there selling products based largely on designs created by inventors/tinkerers who were kind enough to share their design ideas.

Inventors and tinkerers have spent thousands of dollars, for what? So some jackass with a fistful of cash and a tool filled workshop. Can manufacture your design and have it for sale on ebay by next weekend.

What do you think? :confused:

cabrera
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Well, then I think feeling the way you do, you should not join this forum.
By doing so, the way you feel, you would only be taking from the group & not contributing to it.
So, in fact, wouldn't that make you exactly the type of person you have a problem with?

Think about it?

Philldpapill
09-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Even if I disagree with cabrera on many issues... I totally agree with him on this one. By not contributing, you are doing the exact thing that you dislike others doing... Even if you aren't profiting off others' ideas. It's ironic, IMO.

Bayesoft
09-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Well, then I think feeling the way you do, you should not join this forum.
By doing so, the way you feel, you would only be taking from the group & not contributing to it.
So, in fact, wouldn't that make you exactly the type of person you have a problem with?

Think about it?

Yes, I would be gaining insight and inspiration from the group and not contributing any new innovative ideas.

No, I would not be "that person" because... I'm not implementing OP's ideas into a design I already sell, or intend to once perfected.

Listen....
I know there are probably some here that are worthy to share my ideas with. However.... I'm not naive enough to believe that any truly brilliant idea posted here, or anywhere else on the internet for that matter, is safe from financial exploitation.
I would only patent a design that was truly, 100% my own right down to the bolt pattern. Even then it would be only to ensure that no one else copied the design for personal financial gain. I say reverse engineer all you want and build a homemade unit for yourself for all I care. Just don't expect to make any money without paying your dues to the one who made it a reality.

Buster
09-13-2009, 03:59 AM
It's certainly a dilemma. I know there are such people with the money who do this very thing. What all developers need is some sort of central body where we can all contribute ideas and also benefit from the backup to manufacture and market what works best.
Greed and dishonesty get in the way and that's why we're mostly on our own in life. It's a shame because the only winners are those at the top of this rotten tree we have grown today.

Roland Jacques
09-13-2009, 10:48 PM
How stupid!

If you're going to build it and market it and sell it Great, Do it. If you want to sell your idea and let some one else do all the hard work, great, Do it.

But if you have a great idea, and just don't want anyone else to do it, whether they make money or not, is ridiculous. Just die, knowing you once had a great idea :rolleyes: (nothing personal, just making a point)

"Them that are going, get on the wagon, them that ain't, get out the dam way!"
Herman Kane's grandpa

Acme Hydro
09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
If you've got a new twist, I say go ahead and build it, and test it. If you get wonderful results, then patent it. Make sure to document as you go along. If you get mediochre results, tell us about it and let's see how it can/can't be improved.

Should the sum of a person's contribution to the discussions on this forum be judged solely on the basis of having sumbitted for public review a new design for HHO generation?

Boltazar
09-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Is there such a thing as a private forum? Where a few members collaborate to get results. Private e-mail would do this wouldn't it.

hhoax
09-27-2009, 09:43 PM
there is no form of privacy on the internet. NONE. This also includes phone calls, texts, emails, and snail mail in some cases.
If you are only trying to keep information from other HHO enthusiast. YES. email is safe.

hg2
09-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Is there such a thing as a private forum? Where a few members collaborate to get results. Private e-mail would do this wouldn't it.

Boltazar
Here's a link that you can start your own private group with no interferences and joining is by invitation only.

http://hhoinfo.ning.com/

Popsie
09-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Every little bit of info is online, there really isn't anything new. It all boils down to 1.50 to 1.75 volts per cell, all cells have to be isolated from the next. The thing will run away and overheat otherwise. I'm making a liter in 10 seconds at 5-6 amps.

Roland Jacques
09-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Every little bit of info is online, there really isn't anything new. It all boils down to 1.50 to 1.75 volts per cell, all cells have to be isolated from the next. The thing will run away and overheat otherwise. I'm making a liter in 10 seconds at 5-6 amps.

Wow, :eek: you have the best numbers of anyone anywhere by about 1000%. 6 LPM AT 6 amps. Care to share How you can do this 71 MMW?

Or do you mean at 115 volts which is closer to 8.7 MMW which is still worth sharing

Helz_McFugly
09-30-2009, 04:21 PM
yea its high VDC, low amp. Ive seen 20LPM at 260VDC/10amps. I think it was a 150 plate cell. nothing new

Popsie
09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
What more can you say. Yull Brown's design. The one they named the gas for.