PDA

View Full Version : Wrong injection place

hubut864@bellsouth.net
07-24-2008, 07:31 AM
I put a hose barb into the air box after the filter but ahead of the MAF.

1.What effect will this have?

2. Can I recover with a 1/4 " coupling on the first barb add another barb to the coupling and put a short hose that will go past the MAF ?

Help. I have done this on 2 cars.:confused:

EltonBrandd
07-25-2008, 01:27 AM
"they say" to put it after the MAF sensor. Who knows why? I've heard people say its due to the hot wire film sensor in the MAF and that it might ignite the gas. I say thats a farce, if you were producing copious amounts of gas (4lpm) it might cause a problem. You want to deliver the gas as close to the throttle plate as possible as not to dilute it with all the air traveling the entire length of the system.

Stratous
07-25-2008, 08:35 AM
"they say" to put it after the MAF sensor. Who knows why? I've heard people say its due to the hot wire film sensor in the MAF and that it might ignite the gas. I say thats a farce, if you were producing copious amounts of gas (4lpm) it might cause a problem. You want to deliver the gas as close to the throttle plate as possible as not to dilute it with all the air traveling the entire length of the system.

There are different types of MAF/MAP sensors. Some of them have a wire that gets really hot and could burn off the HHO as it passes by. Also, as I understand it, the MAF/MAP can double as an altitude sensor. This means, as the extra O2 passes the sensor it will make the computer think its at a lower altitude. That means more fuel gets dumped into the engine.

hubut864@bellsouth.net
07-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Makes sense.Thank you for the reply. I will change today.:)