PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone-I'm new

Justin61391
09-13-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm new here. I drive a 2000 Ford F150 with a 4.2L

I am familiar with the water-4-gas design (the helix tower type)

I had two of these in my truck before with 16% MPG improvement but one broke while mudboggin so i took the other off also. I recently built another one though so now I have two. I used 316L wire double braided on both the anode and cathode. I was using a MAF enhancer with two dials to lean out the mixture-this scares me though, my engine already throws a lean code from time to time (isolator bolts on alot of F150 trucks crack and let air in) so i dont want it to run too lean and hurt my engine.
It's been so long since I did this stuff though that i forgot alot. I don't even remember how much baking soda to mix with the distilled water and what amps and stuff. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
I'm thinking about doing 6 in my truck before i worry about the installation but im not sure.

biggy boy
09-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Justin.
Lots of things have changed in the world of HHO.
Have a read of what's being done these days, as far as cell design and all.
Many improvements have been had. Like dry cells for example.
PWM to control your cell amperage, the use of other caustics other than baking soda.....

Here is a link to the dry cell I am making.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyMA7x2wfV0&feature=PlayList&p=AFE0C21ED792D60B&index=0&playnext=1

Just one of many designs out there to choose from.

Glen

Philldpapill
09-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Whoa... You really got a 16% increase with the "water-4-gas" scam? That's impressive.

Sorry, I don't mean to joke, but the whole "water-4-gas" really is a scam. Ozzie Freedom needs to be in jail, but that is an entirely different topic and I guess I shouldn't start that with a newcomer.

Welcome! There are alot of disagreements here, but as history has shown us - disagreements spark inovation and thinking outside the box. Many of the worlds great technologies are a result of two people fiercly disagreeing. Basically, this forum is the right place to learn alot, and I hope you contribute to the conversations!

Justin61391
09-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Whoa... You really got a 16% increase with the "water-4-gas" scam? That's impressive.

Sorry, I don't mean to joke, but the whole "water-4-gas" really is a scam. Ozzie Freedom needs to be in jail, but that is an entirely different topic and I guess I shouldn't start that with a newcomer.

Welcome! There are alot of disagreements here, but as history has shown us - disagreements spark inovation and thinking outside the box. Many of the worlds great technologies are a result of two people fiercly disagreeing. Basically, this forum is the right place to learn alot, and I hope you contribute to the conversations!

my buddy got 40 something % increase from using 6 on a 4 cyl. chevy s-10.
but after about a week he was only getting about 20% increase and kept having to mess with it to stay above 30% from then on.

and dry cells? really? dang. and i just used backing soda cuz its safer than lye and such-thanks for the welcome though

velorossa22
09-17-2009, 11:52 AM
If you are scared about leaning out too much one way to monitor is using a EGT ( exhaust gas temp sensor). Getting a baseline of average exhaust temperatures w/o modification will give you numbers to keep in your mind when "adjusting" your AFR. They can be had on ebay from $50-100. Definately worth the piece of mind.

lhazleton
12-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I hear ya, Shane! These guys trying to make big bucks off unsuspecting folks really sucks. They give the whole HHO community a bad name. Might as well have Ozzie Freedom for President & Richard Lyew as VP..
BTW, how's your nickle coming along?

PeteVamped
12-14-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm new here. I drive a 2000 Ford F150 with a 4.2L

I am familiar with the water-4-gas design (the helix tower type)

I had two of these in my truck before with 16% MPG improvement but one broke while mudboggin so i took the other off also. I recently built another one though so now I have two. I used 316L wire double braided on both the anode and cathode. I was using a MAF enhancer with two dials to lean out the mixture-this scares me though, my engine already throws a lean code from time to time (isolator bolts on alot of F150 trucks crack and let air in) so i dont want it to run too lean and hurt my engine.
It's been so long since I did this stuff though that i forgot alot. I don't even remember how much baking soda to mix with the distilled water and what amps and stuff. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
I'm thinking about doing 6 in my truck before i worry about the installation but im not sure.

I am not really sure what to tell you but you may want to check out some of the hho kits available on the market. They will give you complete detailed instructions on trouble shooting as well as an accurate measurement on the baking soda and water. Good luck