PDA

View Full Version : Detonation Problem

kw1162
07-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Hello,
I installed a water4gas system in my 01 Silverado. After I tuned the MAP sensor enhancer the truck ran different, meaning it started fine and went down the road, but I noticed that if I were to drive say 15mph and let off the throttle, the truck would continue to gain speed until I would brake and stop. I am only able to adjust the MAP enhancer between 1/4 and 1/2 of its total adjustment before the truck dies. After about 30 miles of regular driving, the engine instantly began pinging very loud and the service engine light came on. I immediately turned the MAP sensor back to the factory setting and the truck ran normal again. As for my install, I am using a single jar, with 1/2tsp of baking soda in distilled water. I had to put a gate valve on the WOT hose because the vacuum would actually pull air from the WOT hose and not allow the bubbler to work. The jar has burned about 1/2" of water in 40 miles of driving. The fuse is still good. Last night I measured the the jar temp at about 125 degrees. What do you think caused that instant change in the engine?

Stratous
07-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Hello,
I installed a water4gas system in my 01 Silverado. After I tuned the MAP sensor enhancer the truck ran different, meaning it started fine and went down the road, but I noticed that if I were to drive say 15mph and let off the throttle, the truck would continue to gain speed until I would brake and stop. I am only able to adjust the MAP enhancer between 1/4 and 1/2 of its total adjustment before the truck dies. After about 30 miles of regular driving, the engine instantly began pinging very loud and the service engine light came on. I immediately turned the MAP sensor back to the factory setting and the truck ran normal again. As for my install, I am using a single jar, with 1/2tsp of baking soda in distilled water. I had to put a gate valve on the WOT hose because the vacuum would actually pull air from the WOT hose and not allow the bubbler to work. The jar has burned about 1/2" of water in 40 miles of driving. The fuse is still good. Last night I measured the the jar temp at about 125 degrees. What do you think caused that instant change in the engine?

It sounds like a vacuum leak is messing with your computer.