PDA

View Full Version : New To HHO

scribs212
07-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone, I've been researching extensively and I've been looking around trying to figure out how to get the best possible HHO generator setup. Is there any possible way to generate HHO and store it for use, then somehow inject it gradually into the air intakes of the car? I'm looking to purchase a solar car battery charger and hook up an HHO generator to that and store my HHO in some type of container for use later on. I believe this would maximise the effectiveness of HHO for me.

I'm looking to use this on my motorcycle because I have currently tuned it for use with E85 and I'm trying to maximize my green technology/energy efficiency and I believe HHO may be a great way to accomplish this. But due to the limited space available on my motorcycle it would be best if I could separate the HHO generator and make it a solar powered design that feeds into a container. Then place that container, after all the HHO is generated, somewhere on the bike with a regulated flow but I have no idea where to begin.

Stratous
07-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Hello everyone, I've been researching extensively and I've been looking around trying to figure out how to get the best possible HHO generator setup. Is there any possible way to generate HHO and store it for use, then somehow inject it gradually into the air intakes of the car? I'm looking to purchase a solar car battery charger and hook up an HHO generator to that and store my HHO in some type of container for use later on. I believe this would maximise the effectiveness of HHO for me.

I'm looking to use this on my motorcycle because I have currently tuned it for use with E85 and I'm trying to maximize my green technology/energy efficiency and I believe HHO may be a great way to accomplish this. But due to the limited space available on my motorcycle it would be best if I could separate the HHO generator and make it a solar powered design that feeds into a container. Then place that container, after all the HHO is generated, somewhere on the bike with a regulated flow but I have no idea where to begin.

It is not recommended for anyone to attempt to store the hydrogen and oxygen together. It is incredibly dangerous. If you seperate the H from the O, then it is much safer. If you try to store those two gasses together, your asking to get your arse blown up. It will ignite very easily.

scribs212
07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I wasn't planning on storing very much of it, and I was planning on keeping the container submerged until use. Would a small 1.5 watt solar battery charger generate enough HHO to make it worth it to put it on my motorcycle somewhere?

dennis13030
07-24-2008, 03:28 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=M6qtTeW5VDk&feature=related

Listen to the sound after initial explosion. It was a major bang!

computerclinic
07-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Solar panel will produce just enough power to make a bubble or two if it is directed at the sun, but nothing to call production...Although I have been toying with the idea of incorperating a solar charger and a second battery for winter months so my generator doesnt freeze up on me while im at work or even overnight, it is not worth trying to produce straight from the panel. Better to try charging a battery and let the battery do the work.

Still wishfull thinking phaze of that one though. I have about three experiments that I havent finnished yet...i cant wait to be 100% functional again so I can get back to it...

scribs212
07-24-2008, 04:47 PM
So just running a regular HHO generator setup, what kind of realistic fuel mileage increase would I notice, what is everyone here getting?

bigapple
07-24-2008, 08:13 PM
u should get anywhere between a 1-10 mpg increase or possibly more if u make one incredible... the amount of cylinders and the displacement of ur engine is also a factor to consider

another issue with storing the hydroxy would be getting enough of it to stay in a can... u would need some sort of extremely powerful compressor to be able to store enough in a car to drive around and be able to use... its just a safer and more logical route to use the generator under the hood and use a bubbler, check valve, or flame arrester to prevent backflashing... good luck

Stratous
07-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Again, storing Hydrogen/oxygen together is incredibly dangerous. Even in small amounts it is very powerful and is very easy to ignite. Its much safer to store them seperatly. There is a utube video and a web site dedicated to the mini version of smacks booster for motorcycle's. Perhaps that can help you.

scribs212
07-25-2008, 04:14 AM
So I understand the concept of HHO, taking stainless steel electodes in water with an electrolizer and running a current through them, but I've had a hard time finding out the details, like how to exactly wire things up. How do you connect everything in the vehicle, ect.