PDA

View Full Version : first test results

wlf89
07-24-2008, 04:13 PM
i have tested my design and it only made about 1/2 liter in one minute and i dont think that is enough is it? what can i do to improve it? it hold close to 1gallon and had probly 1 1/2 tablespoons of lye. it is a -nnn+ +nnn-.
then i changed the wires on the outside of the pipe connecting the terminals together to make it a +nnn- +nnn- and i think it might have made just a little more. im am using the yeh mon design

http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment....2&d=1216072999

dennis13030
07-24-2008, 04:34 PM
You may want to try removing 2 neutral plates.

From
+nnn- +nnn-

To
+nn- +nn-

wlf89
07-24-2008, 08:38 PM
You may want to try removing 2 neutral plates.

From
+nnn- +nnn-

To
+nn- +nn-

i am new to this what will removing the 2 plates do?

bigapple
07-24-2008, 08:59 PM
i am new to this what will removing the 2 plates do?

removing the neutral plates will lower resistance and provide more electricity to run thru and will result in more hydroxy gas... it will increase temperature but if u still have 2 neutral plates per arrangement, id say ull be alrite

cougar gt-e
07-25-2008, 12:26 AM
I would try stronger concentrations of the lye. It's the easiet thing to do and you will see your results quick. Monitor temps...

wlf89
07-25-2008, 08:33 AM
i will probly remove two plates today how about adding another set of +nn- that would make even more right

Stratous
07-25-2008, 09:33 AM
i will probly remove two plates today how about adding another set of +nn- that would make even more right

In a unit running 3 cells at +nn-, your going to have ~4 volts accross each cell. If you have two N plates in each cell your going to drop ~2 volts on each cell. That would leave you ~2 volts with which to produce hydroxy. The amount of voltage needed to disassociate water is 1.23 volts. Any voltage left in the cell above 1.23 is dispursed as heat energy in the water. The drop for each N plate is not going to be consistant, though it should be very close if each plate came from the same stock. The makeup of the plate is what determines the resistance. Electrolyte level determines the resistance of the water. The point is to keep the voltage in each cell as low as possible while still creating hydroxy.