PDA

View Full Version : one way valve

Stratous
07-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Ok, I have run into a snag. I built a double cell for a buddy that is designed to run off vacuum. At idle his car produces 20inchs of vacuum, during acceleration its almost 0, and at normal driving speed its at 15. The set up is bubbler--->one way valve--->generator. The problem is as follows. The engine puts 20inches of vacuum on the generator at idle. During acceleration the vacuum drops causing the one way valve to close. Then the vacuum levels off at about 15. The generator wont allow the one way valve to open because its a 20inches of vacuum and the engine is only at 15.
I have thought to add a t into the line and install a second one way vavle like the first only reverse its direction. will this work?

EltonBrandd
07-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Ok, I have run into a snag. I built a double cell for a buddy that is designed to run off vacuum. At idle his car produces 20inchs of vacuum, during acceleration its almost 0, and at normal driving speed its at 15. The set up is bubbler--->one way valve--->generator. The problem is as follows. The engine puts 20inches of vacuum on the generator at idle. During acceleration the vacuum drops causing the one way valve to close. Then the vacuum levels off at about 15. The generator wont allow the one way valve to open because its a 20inches of vacuum and the engine is only at 15.
I have thought to add a t into the line and install a second one way vavle like the first only reverse its direction. will this work?

If you wanted to build a cell that has manifold vacuum and wanted the cell to release the vacuum you could design it to have a slight "leak". The design that the w4gas people use has a drip irrigation bubbler in the cap. This way you can adjust the amount of air flow, from there you could adjust it open just enough to loose the vacuum when the engine isn't producing much manifold vacuum and the one way valve would reopen. To keep it from leaking hho you install a little hose from the bubbler in to the electrolyte, that way it wont build enough pressure to push electrolyte up the tube.