PDA

View Full Version : how do you do it?

wlf89
07-26-2008, 09:19 AM
how do i make a generator that will give me about 1.5lpm the best i have made yet is about .75 with +nn- +nn- i am going to try and add another set of +nn- to see how much that helps me i am using lye but i am going to have to get a volt meter and temp reader

bobcampbell
07-26-2008, 10:11 AM
My 18-plate generator with 1552 square inches of exposed plate area comfortably pumps out 2 LPM at 25A. A couple days ago I bumped the backing soda up to about 15 or 20 tsp per gallon. :D This was not a serious experiment so I was not measuring. The amps jumped up to 40 to 45 amps and the output was blowing out at 4LPM. I ran it like that for about half an hour and the temp only got to 128 degrees. I had 10 feet of tubing from the bubbler and back so that was helping to keep it cool.

Bottom line is amps equal HHO and amps are controlled by electrolyte.

wlf89
07-26-2008, 10:15 AM
how many amps should i be trying for

wicked
08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
a good baseline is 10 amps for testing so find out how many amps you are using now and work from there

wlf89
08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
i am using 15 amps now and making .5 lpm and i would like to make at least 1lpm i have two sets of +nn- now would it help if i put two more sets in it so it would be +nn- +nn- +nn- +nn- or do i need more - than + or vice versa or what?

i gonna try another setup which one of these do you think would work the best?
-nnn+nnn-nnn+nnn-
+nnn-nnn+nnn-nnn+
-nn+nn-nn+nn-
+nn-nn+nn-nn+

or if you know a better setup it would be greatly appreciated

ICEMAN.KCMO
08-06-2008, 01:54 PM
My 18-plate generator with 1552 square inches of exposed plate area comfortably pumps out 2 LPM at 25A. A couple days ago I bumped the backing soda up to about 15 or 20 tsp per gallon. :D This was not a serious experiment so I was not measuring. The amps jumped up to 40 to 45 amps and the output was blowing out at 4LPM. I ran it like that for about half an hour and the temp only got to 128 degrees. I had 10 feet of tubing from the bubbler and back so that was helping to keep it cool.

could you post picturs of your setup??? I would like to put out that much at that amp....

Right now, I am puttin out a little over 1lpm at 15 amps.... though i havent let it get over 15amps

BoyntonStu
08-06-2008, 01:59 PM

You are making hexavalent chromium with Baking Soda.

It is extremely hazardous to the environment.

Please change to NaOh to keep our world a little cleaner.

8 bucks at Lowes.

I bought some today.

BoyntonStu

bigapple
08-06-2008, 03:33 PM

8 bucks at Lowes.

I bought some today.

BoyntonStu

or even 3.99 at ace hardware... the brand i got is called "rooto" but im sure the equivalent is available at a home depot or lowes

another reason boyntonstu is suggesting to change to lye or potash (KOH) is because it is a true catalyst, meaning its not involved in the electrolytic reaction whereas baking soda (Na(CO3)2) has a TON of oxygen already in it to make rust (Fe2O3)... ull hardly ever have to add any chemicals... just pour in distilled water and ur on ur way

HYDROTEKPRO
08-06-2008, 08:54 PM

8 bucks at Lowes.

I bought some today.

BoyntonStu

If I'm not mistaken, ZeroFossilFuel says that using KOH, and maybe even NaOH (not sure about the NaOH) with stainless steel during electrolysis is what makes the residual hexavalent chromium. And he recommends therefore that everybody treat discarded electrolyte as a dangerous pollutant to be disposed of properly, like we do with used motor oil for example.

Don't recall him mentioning baking soda or vinegar though. It'd be interesting to find out the exact truth. Hope it's not too twisted here, ZeroFossilFuel is definitely on OUR side, and CAN be trusted!:p