PDA

View Full Version : bubbler solution to remove E-lytes?

Helz_McFugly
10-03-2009, 09:20 PM
say you have a setup like mine with E-lyzer hooked to the reservoir/bubbler that contains the E-lytes then a bubbler then a dry scrubber.
I use only destilled water in my bubbler because after a while I can use that water for my E-lyte reservoir water becuase it already has some E-lytes in it that got removed by being bubbled.
SO...
whats the best thing to put in your scrubber to remove E-lytes.
my scrubber is just a sediment filter with the filter still in it. it forces the gas down the center and through the filter. is there something I could put on the filter to help remove e-lytes OR maybe add a 2nd bubbler and add something to the water the removes e-lytes and leave the scrubber dry? any ideas?

jerrygoldsmith
10-03-2009, 11:10 PM
why not use a sponge in there too? Like, a tight-fitting hepa-filter type sponge that sits down in the water, pressed against the bubbler, that will help absorb any particulates.

Or find a chemical that reacts safely with the electrolyte, forming it into something heavy that sinks to the bottom of the bubbler. Maybe even an oil base sitting on top of the water to help 'grab' it.

Helz_McFugly
10-03-2009, 11:27 PM
not a bad idea. I figure there has to be something you can put in a bubbler that helps remove the e-lytes better then just water. Ive got a air stone on the end of the bubbler tube now so it makes the bubbles smaller, i know that helps a little.

biggy boy
10-04-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm going to put white vinegar in mine, in the last bubbler that is. It will neutralize the Electrolyte. You can soak your filter with it.

Glen

Helz_McFugly
10-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I had heard something about vinegar but I thought someone was trying to use it as an e-lyte. I can try it on my dry scrubber. It is now my douche/scrubber. LMAO