PDA

View Full Version : Plate Configuation?

hybridmustang
10-10-2009, 06:42 AM
I made my bottles out of large 80 fl oz glass jars filled to the 60oz mark. Inside the two jars I have the 6x2.5in 16th inch thick SS plate. The SS i got from a friend does doors he gave me some door kicks, beutifull high grade SSplate. +nnn-nnn+nnn- has anyone tried that? I have had it like that for a while. it added 60avg miles per tank 200-260 included is maf enhancer and EFIE.

can anyone offer advice, I mean should i be expecting more or should i go about another config I also do have a basic, good pwm.

jerrygoldsmith
10-10-2009, 11:08 AM
What grade SS is it? 316L or 321L is the ideal.

What kind of MAF and EFIE do you use?

Anyhow, good results! Are you using a bubbler on your system, because if the HHO backfires it might blow that glass out pretty bad :eek:

You'll probably need the PWM to limit current to your cell, and to make sure you aren't overheating (loosing energy, which kind of defeats the purpose of using HHO)

redrat100
10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
It sounds like you are building a 'wet' cell. One with a plate stack immersed in a bath in a glass jar. Well, it will work a little bit. You will get a little HHO but as it heats up it will produce mostly steam. And, glass jars are dangerous. They are nicknamed "glass grenades" for a very good reason: they can explode. Think about it, is it really a good idea to put a glass jar under the hood of a car?