PDA

View Full Version : Radiator + Pump to Keep Heat down?

SteveO
07-27-2008, 01:52 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has tried using a mini radiator and a water pump to keep the heat down on their cell. I was looking at some minibike radiators and waterpumps, they're pretty cheap.

Would this effect the HHO production of the cell at all? I don't think it would as long as you had enough baking soda in the system, but I'm not sure.

mike.sartori
07-28-2008, 12:27 AM
I just thought of the same thing earlier today, seems like a good idea, especially since it seems like heat build-up is really what's limiting a lot of people's designs.

SteveO
07-28-2008, 01:13 AM
You know, reading around, the more heat generated, the more Hydroxy production. So I guess this could be used to stabalize the design, but i don't know if it would allow more HHO production. C'mon you HHO vets, gimme some input here! =)

EDIT:

This could actually also act as an Auto-fill system while it's cooling. If you inject the water at the top of the cell, and pump from the bottom of the cell, it would keep the water level and cool the unit.

Stratous
07-28-2008, 08:04 AM
I have used the radiator + pump. It will not work if you use an alkali like KOH or NaOH. Either one of those chemicals will destroy the aluminum in the radiator. I guess if you can find a SS radiator then it would work pretty good. Also, the radiator must be electrically isolated from the current in the electrolysis unit. I never tried the radiator with baking soda as my radiator only lived for 3 days with NaOH. The NaOH destroyed it in a hurry.

SteveO
07-29-2008, 04:24 AM
I'll have to test it when I decide which design to build for my HHO unit. Thanks for the tip Stratous.

ridelong
07-29-2008, 07:16 AM
If you move the entry point to the intake manifold instead of the upstream side of the butterfly, the gas generation increases greatly due to the increased vacuum, and it seems to cool the HHO generator.

My friend is running a quart generator at 4.6 amps. He ran the honda for 90 miles, and the bottle wasn't hot. His milage went up 53%.

I moved my entry point to the intake manifold. Running 1/2 gallon at 8 to 9 amps. Bottle gets only mildly warm. Will post milage when I fill up.