PDA

View Full Version : 89 crx si etho\hydro conversion

clark
11-20-2009, 11:58 PM
is it possible to run hydrogen in my 16:1 cr 90% ethanol powered car?
can this setup work?
i was thinking since i run a 8 gallon ethonal race fuel cell in my hatch, i could mount two hho electrolizers on the front of the radiator with a iced bubbler for colder temps if possible. then hooked up to the fuel pressur regulator to be injected at the same time as the ethanol along with the air for better atomization right? also i would coat the whole motor with high friction heat barrier to help with pre detonation.i know crank crase pressure is also a factor so i would have it hooked up to a catch can breather system aswell

Stevo
11-21-2009, 10:44 AM
is it possible to run hydrogen in my 16:1 cr 90% ethanol powered car?
can this setup work?
i was thinking since i run a 8 gallon ethonal race fuel cell in my hatch, i could mount two hho electrolizers on the front of the radiator with a iced bubbler for colder temps if possible. then hooked up to the fuel pressur regulator to be injected at the same time as the ethanol along with the air for better atomization right? also i would coat the whole motor with high friction heat barrier to help with pre detonation.i know crank crase pressure is also a factor so i would have it hooked up to a catch can breather system aswell

Holy crap! 16:1 cr?! That's fuggin great. So why don't you just install a straight water injection kit? Seems like HHO would be a waste of time with such a high performance vehicle. What series is the engine? Is this the stock D15 or other series? B,H,F?

clark
11-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Holy crap! 16:1 cr?! That's fuggin great. So why don't you just install a straight water injection kit? Seems like HHO would be a waste of time with such a high performance vehicle. What series is the engine? Is this the stock D15 or other series? B,H,F?

yeah its actually 15.7 to 1 but its a built dohc zc ill give exact mods if ya want its a list oh and rt4wd lol . well i havent looked into what water injection is so ill read up on it. the reason i was thinking hho was that it is a gas for which i could hook up through my fpr on my fuel rail to inject it through the ethonal like it was the air from the vac port on my gsxr 1300 itbs.

like said just started looking into this since i already make the ethanol i run on i say f the oil companies and wanna cut em out. only if i could find something like synthetic oil that with stands water and lubes way better than oil lol.

clark
11-21-2009, 11:59 AM
i was thinking this cause i was looking up what the chemical bonding was between gas and ethanol(moonshine) and this is one site i found cant find the other one but when i do ill post it http://www.chemguide.co.uk/atoms/bonding/hbond.html

okay read that the best water injection is meth/water wich methanol is made from burning wood. so if thats the case i could make a distiller that i can make my own methanol with and use it for this injection