PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Ford Festiva

Carburated Clowncar
11-27-2009, 07:23 AM
I have been experimenting with this "Clown Car" for two years now. I started with the joes cell design and now am using a 5by5 11 plate dry cell. Currently I am getting a 30% improvment in mileage in mixed driving, starting with 30 and now getting 40mpg with hho.

For those interested in the do's and dont's of carburation heres what I've got:

1. No re-jetting, I have tried leaning it but only reduced power.
2. Injecting the hydrogen in to the intake manifold produced no mileage
increase. Injecting it in the aircleaner directly over the carb produced a
25% increase. injecting the hho in the inlet of the aircleaner snorkel
produced a 30% increase.
The alternator on this car is rated at 45amps which is a bummer for hho production. The sweet spot is 12amps, if I drive it up or down the mileage goes down.

One of the questions I have is; if the mileage increases with the greater distance at which it is introduced, what is the outer limit if the increased dwell time produces a better burn? I have considered using a vacuum cleaner hose to allow the hho to mix with the air for an even longer time. If the hho just turns in to water when it is released in the atmosphere; this has to happen eventually with the increased dwell time of the hho.

Is there an easy method of calculating how much amperage a given alternator can put out before it begins to drag the engine down? As I stated for my 45amp alternator the sweet spot was 12amps.

Thanks,
Dennis

RustyLugNut
11-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Dennis,

The H2 and O2 do not recombine in open air. Making sure the HHO mixes well with the air is important as unbalanced intakes are quite common in production cars.

It is good you have a carbureted car. They are ideal for running HHO tests without fighting the black magic of ECU controllers. Keep us posted with your results.

Rusty.

Toomanytoys
03-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Interesting..
From what I had gathered, HHO was supposed to be "injected" ino the manifold.. which to me didnt make sense, seems you have proven that to be correct..
I will be trying a small HHO unit on my truck shortly, Any idea what L production rate you are getting?