PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand the pwm

maztra
12-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Dear HHO professors,
I have a question about a pwm.
Is there a difference in gas production if:
1: without pwm, controling the amps by the amount of electrolyte
2: with pwm, controling the amps by pwm.
If in both cases the amps are the same, is the gas production the same?

If not...why?

(yes, i know about the amps are raising when heating up.)

fastcompacts
12-06-2009, 03:21 PM
If you dont have to worry about potential cold/freezing weather than you could run your cell without a PWM and keep the amps under control for the most part. But if you do live in an area where freezing temps may be an issue than you need a PWM to control the amps to the cell because of the amount of electrolyte needed to keep the cell from freezing. thats just my 2 cents hope it helps a lil.:)

maztra
12-07-2009, 12:45 PM
A quote from an other post:

I got a air flow gauge today Im going to hook up, its not made for HHO so it will be a litle off but it will work great for tuning the freq. so i can see the output change in real time and not have to test it every time I change something

So the frequency of the pwm is influencing the gas output? (when duty cycle stays the same)

Philldpapill
12-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Stan Meyer's may have CLAIMED that a certain frequency caused a jump in production, but no one has ever even come close to achieving this. If anything, increasing the frequency might actually HURT production.

People like to throw around the idea of some kind of "circuit resonance", with the plates of the cell acting as a capacitor, and stray inductance acting as the inductor in the circuit. However, with this setup, every cell would have a totally different resonant frequency(which would be WAY into the Megahertz range and NOT the 42kHz that some have claimed). The funny thing about this whole theory is that these people claim that the resonance has an affect on the water molecules, allowing you to build up energy... However, water's resonant frequency is something in the Gigahertz range(the reason microwave ovens work). Even if the HHO cell DID resonate somehow, it would have ZERO effect on the water...

The idea of resonance is like swinging on a swing as a kid.... each time you "pump" your legs, you go a little higher... However, the total height that you go is just equal to the sum of the energy of each kick. In fact, if you were to give yourself ONE quick leg kick, you would go higher than multiple kicks. The reason for this, is that the longer you spend in this "resonant state"(going up and down on the swing), you lose energy to friction.

The same concept applies to HHO and a "resonant frequency". Each time you pulse the water, you LOSE some energy in the form of resistive heating. Bah, screw it... The idea "sounds cool", but in reality, it's just stupid.

Frequency has little effect, and a negative correlation if even that.

Boltazar
01-06-2010, 11:30 PM
OK Guys, These posts sound as if they make sence, I'm a Cabinet Maker not knowledgeable in electronics at all, but I can wire a house. So how do I match up a PWM with my cell, what if anything should I be looking for. Thx

Owen_
01-07-2010, 01:28 AM
OK Guys, These posts sound as if they make sence, I'm a Cabinet Maker not knowledgeable in electronics at all, but I can wire a house. So how do I match up a PWM with my cell, what if anything should I be looking for. Thx

How many amps can your cell draw with out a PWM, you'll want a PWM that can handle that or more, other than that, a cool looking fan...

01-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Can a PWM be calibrated to a cell design.

For example. I have a fully adjustable power supply. I can dictate Volts / Amps, within reason.

Once I have established optimal power vs. output, can a PWM be used to maintain that?