PDA

View Full Version : Magnets and dry cells

dlynds
12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I heard that placing magnets on dry cells will improve production. If anyone has any info, I sure would appreciate it. Questions: Should the negative plate be located at the electrolyte inlet or the gas outlet side of the cell ? If using magnets, should the north or south pole be placed on the negative plate side ?
Any help sure would be appreciated. D Lynds

H2OPWR
12-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I heard that placing magnets on dry cells will improve production. If anyone has any info, I sure would appreciate it. Questions: Should the negative plate be located at the electrolyte inlet or the gas outlet side of the cell ? If using magnets, should the north or south pole be placed on the negative plate side ?
Any help sure would be appreciated. D Lynds

I have done some experimenting and found magnets of no use at all with HHO production. An electron is required to break the bond in water. Unless you move the magnetic field no electrons will move. If anyone has made them work I would love to know how but I have never seen one make a difference.

As far as the water inlet and gas outlet it has no effect on the cell at all.

Larry

Philldpapill
12-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Magnets, magnetic fields, electromagnetic fields(for the most part), have ZERO effect on HHO production. Electrons are ONLY affected by a changing magnetic field, or if they are going at a high speed THROUGH a magnetic field. In the high speed case, it ONLY causes them to change their direction - you don't get any extra energy or anything out of a magnetic field. For a while Smack was advocating some sort of BS magnetic field alignment in his cells. I'm sure this magnetic field alignment also had an effect on his wallet... In other words, if someone starts talking about magnets and electrolysis, save some time and money and walk the other way.

Humanoid_1
01-19-2010, 03:18 AM
So...

if you are using a PWM with a frequency of, say, 1,000Hz then it might just work really well then with a couple of rare earth magnets strategically placed at certain points in the cell?

I the electrons are affected by sudden sharp changes in magnetic fields, I'd have thought it "might" have the effect of helping shock their bonds loose... especially if they are already being loosened by the current that does it anyway.

The pulsing of the PWM does have the effect of changing the magnetic field. Them, being caused to change direction, as it was put, further helps weaken their bonds surely...?