PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Ford Focus ZX5 2 liter MTX

bergs23
01-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Anyone had successful results with a focus w/ OBDII? Just curious before I drop some money in to this. If you have please post. Anyone here in Michigan?

Thanks!

hanglide4life
01-27-2010, 06:01 PM
yeah, I'm also wondering about anyone with success on ford focus. I've right now I'm still trying out the fs2 volo unit with negligable gains, no hho, but will try again as it warms with hho. i may soon be tring to get dual efie and maf enhancer.

bergs23
01-28-2010, 11:14 PM
yeah, I'm also wondering about anyone with success on ford focus. I've right now I'm still trying out the fs2 volo unit with negligable gains, no hho, but will try again as it warms with hho. i may soon be tring to get dual efie and maf enhancer.

what does the FS2 volo do? the web site didn't seem to have much information about this product. :confused: Also you shouldn't need a dual efie, cos you only have one O2 sensor before the catalytic converter

hanglide4life
01-29-2010, 05:09 PM
if you search this forum, you'll find quite abit about the volo stuff and also here's a quick recently un-updated summary from some. at http://hydrogengarage.com/volo.html

I have 2 o2 sensors one pre and a posty. no map but a maf.

Anyone out there with ford focus positive results??

viper_1986_1986
02-23-2010, 03:56 AM
I have a 2000 Focus ZX3 and just started building my own cell.
So far things are looking good....

As for location under the hood i have SRI thus so i got PLENTY of room for my cells where the HUGE old airintake used to sit.
I believe the 00-03 have the same engine design and look.

lhazleton
02-23-2010, 01:31 PM
For you guys with Fords, stay away from the MAF enhancers:eek:
Ford MAF's are extremely sensitive and using an enhancer is a good way to fry your engine. Buy changing what the ECM recognizes as 'load', the exhaust temperature will rise incredibly:mad:
Just use an O2 EFIE along with an FS2.

hanglide4life
02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I just sent an email to dan to try and get the chip upgrade to the 5.2. I only used the fs2 5.1 with 2+ lpm and o2 extenders. getting improvement max probably only in the 2 -3 mpg range, but was thinking switching to efies instead of extenders but I thought the volo chip made them insig..??

bergs23
02-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Ford MAF's are extremely sensitive and using an enhancer is a good way to fry your engine. Buy changing what the ECM recognizes as 'load', the exhaust temperature will rise incredibly:mad:

I know it didn't do anything for my car. Actually quite pointless and a waste of time. Just turned on my check engine light. :(

bergs23
02-26-2010, 12:51 AM

what's an fs2?

hanglide4life
02-26-2010, 09:07 AM
it's a piggyback chip you clip to your obdII wires that supposedly replaces any other electronics to get the cpu to 'see straight'. check voloperformance.com many seem to have good luck with this product, some do not. http://hydrogengarage.com/volo.html