PDA

View Full Version : H2so4 ??

Humanoid_1
01-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Heya,

just recently been checking out someone’s cell for sale on ebay (absolutely nothing to do with me), they recommended Not to use KOH or NaOH due to it reacting badly with polycarbonate...

Do not Use potassium hydroxide (KOH), and sodium hydroxide (NaOH) as it is highly reactive on polycarbonate molecules reducing the strength by destroying trhe long chain branched ester molecule and reacting with stainless steel in a amphoteric reaction.

(my research has shown NaOH is excellent with stainless 316, but KOH is only Good - scale of "Excellent, Good, Poor, Do Not Use" I found from industrial companies)

He is a Uni student (After spending countless hrs at my University Research laboratory, hands on, building , calculating , improving and changing designs) + looked into this etc and came up with H2SO4:

Dilute the acid to 20% by adding 100 mls of acid to 1 litre of water.

What do you guys think???

His latest Add for all info (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HHO-DRY-CELL-HYDROGEN-GENERATOR-ELECTROLYZER-Gen-5-3_W0QQitemZ250551970449QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsP arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a560faa91)