PDA

View Full Version : Backward Design

Boltazar
01-23-2010, 10:29 PM
I'd like everyones and anyones help designing a dry cell that can produce 6 lpm. I find that I drive my truck at a max of 3000 rpm city and highway but mostly city, 3/4 of the time. I feel I can't produce enough HHO for great highway mileage so I'm going to settle for much better city mileage. I'm also going to forget about trying to make a system that can regulate the HHO production according to rpm or load. 6 lpm, I feel is an adequate amount to try to average. Probably to much for low rpm and definitely not enough for high rpm, but I'd like to see how it can be done. Thanks

astrocady
01-24-2010, 08:49 AM
What size of engine are you running that would require 6 lpm?

Boltazar
01-24-2010, 10:13 AM
2000 sierra pickup 5.3 The only reason I'm shooting for 6 lpm is to have the HHO more effective at a higher rpm.

astrocady
01-24-2010, 11:51 AM
The results of your efforts will be interesting. From what I've read, you shouldn't need that much HHO, but having that much available should allow you to find your engine's "sweet spot" at various RPMs.

I'm to witness a dyno test next week on a static dyno of a diesel engine with HHO installed. One of the things they are looking to establish is the performance curve of various amounts of HHO at given RPMs and Loads -- looking for the point where more HHO causes a drop in performance.

As for your 6 lmp cell, the one they are using is 10x13" -nnnnn+nnnnn- and is susposed to produce in that range, although I suspect we'll only need 4-5 lpm to see the drop in the 7.2L cat engine they are testing.

redrat100
01-25-2010, 09:33 PM
What other parameters are you interested in? Size? Current draw? Voltage? Under the hood or in the truck bed?