PDA

View Full Version : 3 efie types, whichone to choose?

Kopeo
02-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Hallo HHO gurus,

Can somebody tell me whichone of these EFIE-s is the most efficient. If possible I want to get one where I dont have to play with the potmeter, because I want to Install a system allso to some of my friends car and I want to make it as safe as possibe. When there is no potmeter, they cant damage, the engine by running it to lean. I have read the topic of the FS2, and want to lookaround, for another solution.

I attached a picture of each device, one of them is with potmeters. All of them are from ebay.

lhazleton
02-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Kopeo,
You'll need an EFIE that's suitable to your vehicle. The 1st image you posted would be a waste of money. The second is merely an O2 extender, which will usually have no effect. The third is for Map and MAF sensors. Using one of these is an easy way to melt pistons by running too lean.
What you want to start with is an EFIE that adds a few millivolts to the O2 sensors. Then you can add the FS2, as this will choose the proper map in the ECM to control timing, etc..
I highly recommend installing an EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) gague. It's a cheap way to save your engine.
Lee

Kopeo
02-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Many thank's for the tip with the EGT, I will definetly install one.
Lee, can you tell me some type of EFIE that adds millivolts to the O2 sensor, because the EFIE's i watched on ebay are all MAP/MAF enhancers, or are these the devices you are talking about? What are you useing for your HHO generator?
I read the topic of the FS2 on this forum and on hhounderground, you wrote that you have made your EFIE by your self. Can you tell us wher to get them, or can you post them here?
I saw that you have also installd an FS2, what results do you have since your last posts?

Koppany

lhazleton
02-05-2010, 12:29 AM
In Ebay, just type in 'hho O2 EFIE'. There are several. I don't know what your vehicle is, but the one that 13 down looks pretty good. My dual efie cost around $15 to build. I think I have the plans on my PC at home. If so, I'll post them. As far as the FS2 is concerned, the jury's still out on that one............

ramcustom
02-05-2010, 03:35 PM
don't waste your money on the VOLO FS2. Its another scam on the HHO community!

Kopeo
02-07-2010, 04:38 AM
So it seem's, that if the FS2 doesn't work, there is no other possibility to run my HHO system, without an EFIE that I have to adjust all the time?
I'm courious about Lee's feedback about the FS2.
I was reading about posts, that the FS2 does work quite good. Is it that much car specific, if it works or not, because I realised that in those cases where the FS2 didn't work, it was built into Ford's?
Ramcustom, can you tell us what car you've installd the FS2?
Koya, that narrowband deluxe you mentioned, do you have to do those adjustments after every tank of fuel or do you have to adjust it only before you use'd the unit the first time and can you tell me what type you use?

lhazleton
02-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Adding MV's definately won't work on wideband O2's. My truck is narrow band, so it's easy. I believe that for wide band, you need to add resistance to the signal wire.

You may want to ask Sfttailpaul over at hht://www.hhounderground about that.