PDA

View Full Version : Hho safety and precautions

tpettit
02-20-2010, 10:00 AM
I would like to start a new forum about safety and the precautions about HHO and the use of it in the combustion engine. There are great ideas and alot of very helpful hints and conclusion on this site, they have helped me in many areas.
We need to think of safety first and production second. I think its great that you can get 3 liters per minute from your dry cells but at what cost.
Always remember to much of anything is to much. A given engine can only handle so much HHO per cycle, so allowing to much HHO in that cycle will begin a process that will lead to a very nasty intake and possible cell explosion. I have witnessed both and it does allot of damage.
I have done a substantial amount of research and development on HHO and the proper and safe ways to add it to your engine. I will be submitting my ideas and research conclustions to this site and I hope it might help prevent a bad idea from growing into a bad event.

lhazleton
02-20-2010, 08:07 PM
This is a good idea. I no longer have the pictures to post (hard drive crashed a while back), but about a year ago I blew apart the upper intake manifold (plastic). Most of my friends in here & over at the HHO Underground remember what it looked like. Hell, I still hear crap about it now & then (especially from Biggy Boy). It was all due to tyrying to save a little time. I didn't bother to wire it to a relay off the oil sending unit. It was accidentaly on for about 2 minutes when I started the engine. Sounded like a friggin' bomb went off!

koya1893
02-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Totally agree about a post on hydrogen safety. I think we all have our grave yard of "stuff" that did not go well when we first started playing around with this. After all most of us including myself, all we are doing is enjoying the benefits from others studies and research they've done.

Let's face it going back five, ten years ago the average "Joe" would never think of going to Lowes and get PVC pipe and stainless steel plate to make a "hydrogen generator" let alone strap it on to the second biggest investment everyone made.

having serve in the United State Navy in the aviation field and surface arena, including our modern power plant (Nuke) safety was feed to me daily. All that has migrate to my daily routine playing with HHO.

Having experience a cell blowing up with 3 quarts of mixture going all over the garage, if it was not my safety equipment I probably would not able see now. My initial outfit when I emerged myself in the garage to test, build or prototype are as follow.

- cover all
- rubber gloves the kind you get a Autozone
- safety glasses
- my test room is well vented
- when a cell is being tested the outlet tube is vented outside unless I have a torch hooked up.