PDA

View Full Version : Understanding cell layout

dg2010
03-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Could you help me please with understanding cell layout. I see configurations showing NNNNNNN NNNNNNN NNNNNNN but don't understand what this means. I know you use +ve, -ve and neutral plates but are they arranged

+ve N -ve N +ve N etc

Are all the neutral plates joined together?

Thanks

N11634
03-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey! I'm a newbie, too. You've actually asked a question that I can answer, at least crudely.
The cells are stacked together with gasket material beween them. The NNN"s your referring to are neutral cells. Depending on your voltage, you'll have a certain amount of N's between a + and - plate to equal out to (from what I've read) to 2 or so volts per plate. For instance, if you're running it in a car, (-+14V actual) you'll have a configuration that looks like +NNNNN- per cell. You can stack them up like this: +NNNNN-NNNNN+NNNNN- or any combination you like to get the volume of HHO production that you need for your engine size. The only plates with direct connection to them are the + and - plate. The water/electrolytes conduct the rest of the voltage across the plates.
Now the pros can read it and see if I haven't misled you.;)

dg2010
03-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey! I'm a newbie, too. You've actually asked a question that I can answer, at least crudely.
The cells are stacked together with gasket material beween them. The NNN"s your referring to are neutral cells. Depending on your voltage, you'll have a certain amount of N's between a + and - plate to equal out to (from what I've read) to 2 or so volts per plate. For instance, if you're running it in a car, (-+14V actual) you'll have a configuration that looks like +NNNNN- per cell. You can stack them up like this: +NNNNN-NNNNN+NNNNN- or any combination you like to get the volume of HHO production that you need for your engine size. The only plates with direct connection to them are the + and - plate. The water/electrolytes conduct the rest of the voltage across the plates.
Now the pros can read it and see if I haven't misled you.;)

Thanks for that - makes more sense now.