PDA

View Full Version : Wet cell Terminals getting too hot

learntcm
03-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi I am fairly new here, so any help will be much appreciated. I made a wet cell 11 plates in water filter housing. The housing hold around 750ml of water. The plates are arranged -nnnn+nnnn-. I crossed hatched them well and cleaned them with white vinegar; I added distilled water and 2 tea spoons of NaOH electrolyte, its drawing around 6 amps. I have a PWM attached and also two bubblers.
It seems to be producing ample HHO but the terminals get really hot and I am sure they will burn a hole in the lid of the housing. I read people use them up to 20 Amps
learntcm@gmail.com

lhazleton
03-18-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't run wet-cells anymore, but if the wires are getting hot at a mere 6 amps, the wires are too light. With this kind of setup, you should use at least
8ga.AWG. It would also help to have at least 5 bi-polar plates per stack instead of 4.

Drafty-01
04-24-2010, 07:24 PM
What lhazelton said, and ensure that your connections are really tight. I've seen this in a large power generator where the thing blew the connections and caught fire. A very spectacular and expensive education!