PDA

View Full Version : HHO directly into Fuel

hamcampro
06-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I would assume everyone here has heard of vaporizers, or the charged water system. A process that I don't quite understand but basically pumps the hho into a seperate container of water (using the electrolyzer and an aquarium pump) which is then put alone in the car and sucked into the intake by using a bubbler. I've never tried it but my question is, if it can work like that, could we also take an electrolyzer & air pump and pump the hho into the cars tank of gas?

Once again I'm unclear as to the process of the vaporizer and am in no way a person that knows much about cars. Just want to put the question out there and see if anyone has already tried it or knows why not to.

Ronjinsan
06-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Hold that thought Hamcampro......my son a nd I have been exploring that path for 2 weeks and have built a prototype.....watch this page LOL 8-)

gte
06-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi, I'm a newb when comes to HHO, but not to cars.

I was under the impression that the water chamber is a barrier or check valve for the hydrogen so that a back fire would not make it so the hho production chamber.

If you were pumping the hydrogen into the gas tank, how is it going to bond with the gasoline to be ingested by the pump, lines and then carried through the injection system?

Maybe I misunderstood your question?

I would assume everyone here has heard of vaporizers, or the charged water system. A process that I don't quite understand but basically pumps the hho into a seperate container of water (using the electrolyzer and an aquarium pump) which is then put alone in the car and sucked into the intake by using a bubbler. I've never tried it but my question is, if it can work like that, could we also take an electrolyzer & air pump and pump the hho into the cars tank of gas?

Once again I'm unclear as to the process of the vaporizer and am in no way a person that knows much about cars. Just want to put the question out there and see if anyone has already tried it or knows why not to.

whitty
06-10-2008, 03:02 PM
i'm new too but if i am not mistaken the HHO is being routed into the air intake so it can remain a gas and enter the combustion chamber with the air your car takes in normally

wingnut
06-10-2008, 04:27 PM
IF ANYONE IS STILL THERE. I have asked this question on other threads, but has anyone used aluminum for there generators? No corrotion, low carbon, inexpensive, readily available, high electrical conduction? ANYONE, ANYONE?

ranger2.3
06-10-2008, 04:31 PM
You know Wingnut thats a good question, now that you mentioned it I would like to know the same thing because aluminum is cheap(I think) and it's everywhere.

whitty
06-10-2008, 04:37 PM
i don't have an answer for you but just make a basic setup and see how long it takes the electrodes to corrode if they do that is! if they don't then its good to use after all it is the electricity that is making the HHO not the Stainless Steel so try it and let us all know!

wingnut
06-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I will, give me an hour and I will tell you! Thanks for the reply. Oh, Ranger, make sure you are using an in line fuse on that one your working on. You know what happened to mine that I forgot to. This method DOES produce a very volatile fuel!

ranger2.3
06-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Wingnut I think I have seen your generator what kind of setup is it exactly?

wingnut
06-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Sorry, still in the middle of this. I will let you know what I have tried after i get this one put together and give you the results as soon as I have tested it. Maybe a little longer than an hour though. I thought I had all the materials, but I'm scrounging for the remainder now. Have the pieces cut but will stil be at least another hour. Get back to you.

wingnut
06-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Well, not much progress. Got all of the plates together (4"x2"x1/16" wide), but for some reason half way between the 12 plates I have a dead spot!? Taken them appart twice and put them back in different orders, but "STILL" have this dead spot! Have about half of the power. I DON'T KNOW WHY!? Will try it more later. However, I do know that as far as the first portion at either side of the center, I have GREAT voltage! Any ideas?
Let you know more later, probably tommorow.

wingnut
06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Oh, I have put 1/32" rubber spacers (about the thickness of an intertube) between each one. The same ones that I have used in previous versions and it WORKED JUST FINE. ANY CLUES?

Stratous
06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
If your going to use NaOH, you cant use aluminum as your electrode. NaOH and aluminum will chemically react with each other. They will actually make hydrogen, but the NaOH will eat the aluminum very quickly until either the NaOH is netralized or the aluminum is gone. NaOH is Lye or sodium hydroxide.

Fishhook
06-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Can anyone tell me about the Joe Cell? I think that it would be a good thing to try in a car, because the outer case could be made from a stainless steel canister, and would be doubling as a heat sink. Let me know.

Ronjinsan
06-17-2008, 05:19 AM
Hi Fishhook, I would suggest you will find more info on the JoeCellon other sites! There are many websites dedicated to the infamous Joe cell, they go from simple to over the top complex. Trouble is they are hard to construct properly and harmonically, also the components are expensive. If you can afford the parts I would say that you should satisfy your curiousity and build one then we can all get feedback from you on whether its worth the trouble or not! :D

Oh yeah Wingnut, what is your plate configuration at the moment?
And, why are you still flogging that dead Aluminium horse? The plate material is irrelavent in most cases, depending on your electrolyte, but using stainless has been rigorously tested by a myriad of people and found to provide the best results with any electrolyte. :rolleyes:

hho_underground
06-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey Ronjinsan,
You mentioned that you were going to try injecting hho directly into the gasoline. Any luck with that?

Also, I was wondering if is it possible to splice the plastic tube from the bubbler into the gas line going to the engine?

I was thinking that if you had two identical systems, one fed the air intake and the other fed the gas line, would that possibly eliminate the need to tamper with the o2, MAP or any other sensors. Do you get what I'm thinking here?

Also, what about a thinner guage of SS plates bent like this "WWWWWWWWW" instead of being flat like "_____________________"
All the bends would stiffen the lighter guage as well as provide extra surface area.

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these ideas already or knows of reasons not to try them.

Thanks,
-M

jared
06-29-2008, 03:59 PM
i know the reason not to try the wwwww setup with the lighter gauge steel

its beacause thin stainless steel is a bitch to work with, after several wasted hours messin with the bent up #26 ss ive decided to scrap all that and try the ss wall plates from the hardware store, it really makes more sense to use existing parts if possible, unless u dont consider ur time valuable, or think youl make justifiable gains by fabbing ur own parts

u may sense that im a little frustrated withe #26 SS it has kinda stopped my progress and im still stuck spending bout 300 a week on gas

Ronjinsan
06-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Bit hot under the collar there Jared.... but you are absolutely right, eventually you go out and buy the right stuff and then dont look back! The thin SS seems to warp under heat quite badly!

hho_underground
06-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks guys.

Any thoughts regarding:

"Also, I was wondering if is it possible to splice the plastic tube from the bubbler into the gas line going to the engine?

I was thinking that if you had two identical systems, one fed the air intake and the other fed the gas line, would that possibly eliminate the need to tamper with the o2, MAP or any other sensors. Do you get what I'm thinking here?"

Thanks,
-M

rmptr
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Difficult to introduce gaseous HHO into the liquid fuel.
Resolved by allowing into the incoming combustion air.
All goes same place.

Wherever/however the HHO is introduced, it will change the burn rate and exhaust composition. Sensor in exhaust will still do it's job as designed.
Sensor will tell ECM 'This burn is too lean, inject more fuel."
best

PAPAFIXIT
07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
There's way to much pressure in the gas line, you would end up filling the bubbler and or generator with gasoline ......oops.
Mr Syd

volomike
07-01-2008, 06:48 PM
...could we also take an electrolyzer & air pump and pump the hho into the car's tank of gas?...and am in no way a person that knows much about cars.

Anyone got a bugle and know how to play Taps (http://www.mrfiddle.com/Bugle_Calls/Taps.htm)? LOL

EltonBrandd
07-02-2008, 01:42 AM
I dont know that much about hho yet. i do know a lot about cars. Most cars with fuel injection run between 3-4Bar (40psi-65psi). Introducing a gas in to this pressure would be impossible. Not only that any gas or vapor that collected in the fuel rail would cause a missfire.

hho_underground
07-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the information. I didn't even think about the amount of pressure going through the fuel line.

Ronjinsan
07-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Yep I think we can put this one into the "Dangerous Animal" bin!

PAPAFIXIT
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Play TAPS again VOLOMIKE. lol

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 03:34 AM

I wouldnt try that if i were you, because the whole point to water vaporization is the VAPOR, Have you ever tried to light water on fire,...doesnt work does it, it may have the HH) charged ions but it is still water and water is not combustable unless it is seperated into a gas. no offense.

s_barrett
07-03-2008, 08:59 AM
could you perhaps pump the HHO into a T connector with a one-way check valve spliced into the fuel line?

s_barrett
07-03-2008, 09:10 AM
note that a spider was able to crush my friend's gas tank. How, you ask. It built it's web in the hole which is used to replace the volume of gas pumped out by the fuel pump with air, the pressure differential caused by the vacum gradually built up to a point where the gas tank crumpled like a crushed beer can.
how about feeding the HHO gas into this pressure relief hole, wherever in hell it is?

timetowinarace
07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't see a point to introducing hho into the current fuel. Unless someone is planning on trying to run a car with no air going in, it pointless. Even simple rockets or other applications calling for a liquid oxidizer such as liquid nitrous oxide store the liquid seperate from the fuel.

Fuel pumps on cars will not pump a gas/vapor only a liquid. put hho in the gas tank and it stays there. put it in the fuel line and the bubbles basicly become a pocket that the fuel system cannot get out.

If vaporizers were simple than all cars would be utilizing them now on fossil fuel. We would get much better MPG's if gasoline was vaporized before getting into the cylinders.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:33 PM
could you perhaps pump the HHO into a T connector with a one-way check valve spliced into the fuel line?

I have actually thought about doing this, but then i got to thinking instead of using a pump to the check valvae why not try to tee into the fuel line with a check valve to block gas from going into the device.

s_barrett
07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
has there been a determination that HHO will not disolve into gasoline. note that many gases are soluble in various liquids, like oxygen in water for example.

Bwanar
07-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm thinking we are way ahead of the game with our Hydroxy in the gas state already. Why on earth would you want to inject it into your liquid gas? I fail to see the benefit. The liquid gas and air eventually mix before combustion anyway and it's fairly simple to inject it into the air intake. JMHO...

Ronjinsan
07-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Absolutely.....point made...problem swept under mat!