PDA

View Full Version : Its worth a shot

peepoweredcar
05-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I dont know if it would help or hurt or do nothing, but might as well try it. switching the + to a - and the - to a + back and forth very rapidly. Like pulsing it but every pulse not the same, but going back and forth switching the +and-
I was thinking about it today, but cant figure out how make it do that.

rpatten
03-01-2011, 05:38 AM
This crossed my mind too, you could do it with an electric window switch to test the idea.

LE5CAV
03-01-2011, 08:06 PM
A window motor switch will work, but what effect do you think this will produce? Im pretty sure youll just generate more heat and decrease you efficentcy. WHen electricity passes through an electolyte, the positive and negative ions are drawn to the opossite poles. switching them will excite the electrolye but should hinder production. Just my 2 cents, but thats what expperimenting is all about. who knows it might actually keep residue from forming, Best of luck and keep us informed.

charliebrumfield
03-11-2011, 05:43 AM
I dont know if it would help or hurt or do nothing, but might as well try it. switching the + to a - and the - to a + back and forth very rapidly. Like pulsing it but every pulse not the same, but going back and forth switching the +and-

correct me if i'm worng but doesn't ac power do this all on it's own? if so you could just power your reactor using ac power from an inverter.

myoldyourgold
03-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by peepoweredcar View Post
correct me if i'm worng but doesn't ac power do this all on it's own? if so you could just power your reactor using ac power from an inverter.

This does not work. Switching the negative with the positive because it destroys the catalytic build up on the plates. That is just one problem It is reported that a sharp pulsed DC current at the proper frequency can help in disassociating the H form the O. It might be possible but have not seen and only heard of people accomplishing this. It seems to be very complex and difficult to keep the process going because of things constantly changing within the reactor and the fact that electrolyte is non ohmic, (does not follow Ohms law) making it next to impossible to predict some things and very complex to monitor everything in real time.

nelshaun
06-08-2011, 04:37 AM
A window motor switch will work, but what effect do you think this will produce? Im pretty sure youll just generate more heat and decrease you efficentcy. WHen electricity passes through an electolyte, the positive and negative ions are drawn to the opossite poles. switching them will excite the electrolye but should hinder production. Just my 2 cents, but thats what expperimenting is all about. who knows it might actually keep residue from forming, Best of luck and keep us informed.
I agree with the idea that the window motor will work but I think it won't do good in this type of situation since heat will definitely decrease efficiency and might end up burning the system.

Weapon_R
06-08-2011, 10:05 AM
I think you should give it a try.
I have been wanting to try something like this but I have to acquire the generator first.
Try and report back. Their is a scientist that has a similar set-up.
He has one positive and one negative electrode with a centre electrode.
I believe the centre electrode is the one with changing polarity.